1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ibis White TTRS Take Two

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Juicy Jen, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen <span style="color: orange">Jen – Juicy Detailin Site Sponsor

[Jan 6, 2012]
    Now some of you know that we had an Ibis White Audi TTRS earlier last year (Jan 2011 S3 sold for this one!) which was sold for the arrival of the Audi RS3 :'( As it was driven away from the unit it felt like my heart was being ripped out.....

Due to the long wait for the RS3 to be made, both Andrew and I missed our toy and the roar of the 5 cylinder engine.

So we decided to take the jump and get another, now I really didnt want a white one as I was after a more challenging colour but this one came along with every spec we could ask for :D

Now there was some history with the alloys as the guy that owed it previously wanted the original alloys for his new diesel TT and the garage allowed him to take them and put the diesel one's on the RS :eek:. Therefore we agreed a deal and got the rota's put on shipped directly from Germany and my first job on arrival.....

Alloys off cleaned, clayed and 2 coats of Chemical Guys Jetseal 109

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheel arches were cleaned as well while the alloys were off, looked like it had been driven through a field. Half way through

[​IMG]

Next stage was the usual snowfoam, 2 bucket wash and clay, etc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assessment of the paintwork before starting the correction. The car's not been treated too well and think numerous visit to the automatic wash was evident:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple of 50/50. I was using Supernatural Wool Pads for the cut due to the extremely hard Audi paint and to refine yellow and blue 3M pads in combination with 3M polishes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In action shots of final polish...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice shine but look at the orange peel :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Correction on the lights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the car was finished it was taken over to the sign writer to be decaled up as a promotion car. Chemical Guys Ez Creme Glazes and Chemical Guys Celeste Dettaglio Paste Wax were the last stage products

[​IMG]

Shot from the photoshoot

[​IMG]

Oh and this will be the death of this one as its up for sale now on Piston Heads and it no longer looks so perfect due to Andrews wash regime :'( :'(

Update: TTRS now gone as our RS3 has arrived and waiting for it to be detailed once my foot has healed and I change my hair colour as often as our cars as its back to blonde :happy:
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    rubbi, da4 and Paullie like this.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Paullie

Paullie Banana Menace!

[Jan 6, 2012]
    Cracking job, Jen! That is an absolute stunner, always loved your TT-RS. Hope your foot gets better soon, Sweetie, so you can start enjoying the RS3, ..not to mention detailing it. :wub: xx
  4. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jan 6, 2012]
    Very nice, and good job you've done on it!

Look forward to seeing the RS3
  5. cloughy

cloughy Member

[Jan 6, 2012]
    Another pukker job, looks/looked awesome!
  6. Juicy Jen

[Jan 6, 2012]
    I've had a little drive bit naughty I know! DSG is growing on me but think I still prefer the TT as I have soft spot for them....
  7. ABYSS

ABYSS Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK Site Sponsor

[Jan 6, 2012]
    Im looking forward for her doing it too hunny :)

Saying that, the RS3 aint as bad as either of the TTRS's but its a lot younger..
  8. ElliottB

ElliottB Audi A3

[Jan 8, 2012]
    very nice job there.
  9. Babszee

Babszee New Member

[Jan 14, 2012]
    Hi Jen sorry you are selling that peachy TTRS, I sold mine - heartbroken! did replace though with a newer version but still have a soft spot for original - good luck with RS3 - patiently waiting to see it!
  10. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie VCDS Map User

[Jan 18, 2012]
    Hi Jen,

Ive got a few questions - does the jetseal 109 on the alloys help prevent the brake dust as well as shine? Also what products would you advise to use on the paintwork? Would you be able to PM / tweet how much you'd charge to do a similar job on my car and how long it would take to complete? Despite it being a company car unlike my work mates I am keen to look after this gorgeous car & I'm thinking of buying the car afterwards for Mrs H.

Thanks Matti
  11. Juicy Jen

[Jan 18, 2012]
    Jetseal doesn't prevent the brake dust from going on the alloys however it does help with it not sticking so much and makes them easier to clean. At the end of the day everything you do to your car in regard to preparation and protection is to make the maintaining easier in the long term.

I'll drop you a pm about detailing it so as far as products recommended that really depends on if I do any work on it or not. Meaning the products will differ if I've machined polished/protected and your doing the maintaining after or if you want to do everything yourself
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  12. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep

[Jan 18, 2012]
    orange peal is such a common thing on todays paints as they are water based nowadays so orange peal is just a down side of them using this type of paint , awesome cars tho the TTRS still haven't driven one :( lol
  13. Juicy Jen

[Jan 18, 2012]
    I'd loved to of wet sanded the whole car but don't think Andrew would of let me do that :ermm:
  14. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

[Jan 18, 2012]
    should have just done it when you got rid
  15. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep

[Jan 18, 2012]
    lol its not for the faint hearted doing that