1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ibis White B8 Audi S4 Black edition – MRC Stage 2

Cerbera9 Feb 11, 2017

1. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

We'll be in Plymouth from about 08.00 till mid afternoon if your around?

2. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep Team Sprint Audi S4 Audi A3

I'm in work until half 3 unfortunately. Will look foward to seeing the figures though! I'm hoping to get up to MRC asap

3. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

Will post up the results

4. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

Dyno'ing the car didn't happen and as unable to strap the car down on the dyno.

5. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

I did however fit my new front lip splitter today
    IMG_1176.JPG IMG_1174.JPG IMG_1175.JPG

Bristle Hound and Tashfeen like this.
  6. xpoweruk

xpoweruk S4 B8 Smile Machine Team Ibis Audi S4 quattro saloon

Very ice.What lip is that ??
    Looks like the Maxton one,but slightly different ?

7. Lavis89

Shame you couldn't get strapped down! I've heard mixed reviews about their place, some people swear by it whereas others avoid it like the plague.

8. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

Yes it's the Maxton S4 lip

xpoweruk likes this.
  9. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

I've been going there for years with all my cars and various dyno days and they are very good, Martyn who managed their dyno really knows his stuff and very helpful.
    Their Dyno Dynamics dyno is not sunk in to the ground like some and whilst this makes access to strapping down the underside of most cars to the dyno easier it makes the likes of the S4 more difficult as these are usually strapped via the front and rear towing eyes.
    We did pop along to RH Tuning in Plymouth to see if they could dyno our three S4's but they were too busy to do three power runs.

10. xpoweruk

11. Lavis89

Fair enough! I know all the guys with jap cars absolutely love them. I've never had any personal experience, I've always gone to Phil Miller in Launceston for any work and AK for dyno runs

12. GarethS4

GarethS4 Member

@Cerbera9 ,hi there ,what make of brake discs are you using and were did you get them from.looking to upgrade my s4 brakes very soon but have no idea what to get tbh.what would you recommend but don't need the s8 size you have though.rs4 - s,rs6 .do you need calipers and hangers also if that's the correct name for them when upgrading.thanks .

13. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

I have genuine RS6 390mm x 36mm discs, they are made by Pagid. They can be sourced through Euro Car Parts.

Tashfeen likes this.
  14. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

Unfortunately whilst blasting round the alps last weekend the drive driveshaft seal in my rear sports diff decided to let hot and leak most of the diff oil out in to a puddle on the floor Being many many miles from home and half through a trip I was left with two options, one get the car recovered back to the UK or two get it repaired locally and claim on my warranty on returning to the UK. As we were close to St Moritz and there being an Audi dealer located there I went for option two even though I knew it would initially cost a lot.
    The service at St Moritz Audi was excellent and they got the car in straight away, ordered the parts overnight and had me back in the road mid afternoon the next day so I could carry on our trip up to the Nurburgring. Total cost was £790 But at least I was back on the road, could enjoy the epic mountain passes and go to the Nurburgring For a couple of laps Tbh the are worst places to get stuck than St Moritz although it is expensive, a beer is 8.50euros!!

scotty76, Tashfeen and Carlos85 like this.
  15. xpoweruk

Wowzers,at least you caught it before doing any serious damage

16. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

I was worried about long term damage as I did have to drive it down off the mountains knowing that it was leaking but having driven it for several hundred miles now and a couple of laps of the Nurburgring it seems fine thankfully.

xpoweruk and Tashfeen like this.
  17. cyhliu

cyhliu Active Member

Very true, on both accounts! Sorry to hear about the issue and glad it was fixed with little drama. Out of interest how's the claiming back on warranty progressing? Was it an Audi warranty?

And what was it like taking the S4 on the 'Ring? Interested to see how the Sports Diff performed...

Tashfeen likes this.
  18. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine (thanks @XP :-D) Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 quattro Black Edition Supercharged

Glad to hear buddy it was all sorted without much of a hassle. Would also be interested to know your warranty claim as the car is modded . Reason I ask is that my warranty is about to finish in couple of months and I am weighing in the idea of whether or not to go for extended warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

I took out a separate 3year warranty when I bought the back in January as I didn't buy the car at an Audi dealership so just wanted some peice of mind. I return to the UK at the end of this week so will try to sort out the claim when I return.
    The Ring was amazing, but I only did two laps just to be able to say I've done it. Our cars are heavy and it quickly became apparent that driver talent, tyres and brakes are the limiting factors! Plus I didn't want to stack the car in to the barriers! It was well worth doing though and I will try to put up a video soon.

Chop., jdp1962, rizzini7 and 3 others like this.
  20. Dippy

Dippy Well-Known Member Team Monsoon Audi S5 Black Edition

If you find an extended warranty that allows for your mods please let me know.

Tashfeen likes this.
  21. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine (thanks @XP :-D) Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 quattro Black Edition Supercharged

Exactly what I am after @Dippy. Let's hope @Cerbera9 can help us find one.

22. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

After my recent trip to the Nurburgring I decided it was time for a handling upgrade so in recent weeks I've fitted A set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres which are excellent in the wet & dry, the car previously had Continental 5P's which were ok for everyday use but I didn't like when pushing the car hard, having previously had Michelin Pilot Supersports on a BMW which I found to be very good so I went with the new Pilot 4S and I must admit I'm very impressed with them.
    I've also just fitted a set of H&R front & rear roll bars, initially set on the soft setting up front but will have to try out the front roll bar settings to see which works best after I've got some miles on them.
    Does anyone with updated roll bars have any suggestions?

xpoweruk, Tashfeen and Chop. like this.
  23. TechNick

TechNick Active Member

I did the same with my H&R ARBs, @Cerbera9 - kept them on the softer setting up front, with a view to reducing understeer.
    I know some have taken that approach a step further by only uprating the rear, but I've also got a few other mods (including a strut brace, stiffer/lower/wider stance, 20' rims, etc.) which all combine to give me the gokart-style handling that's my own personal preference!

Chop. and Tashfeen like this.
  24. Dippy

Dippy Well-Known Member Team Monsoon Audi S5 Black Edition

Great to know as that's the tyre I plan to have next

25. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

Finally got round to installing my double stacked DIY cooler. I used the charge cooler from a Jaguar XKR and it required swapping the power steering cooler to something that would fit on top. Couple of pics from the mock up stage.
    IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG

26. Tashfeen

Interesting @Carbera9. Would be interested to see the IATs and the difference it has made. Are you getting any boost bleed atm? Are you also looking at getting some map tweaks to see if you could use any boost release fully?

27. GarethS4

GarethS4 Member

Is there any way I can test if my car is boosting to the correct amount after a sc pulley swop and remap .is it possible my car isn't running at say 15psi .can it only be done on a rr ect .sorry I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about so excuse the question if I'm talking keek.

28. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

The whole kit cost me about £150 to source all the parts and a couple of sessions taking the bumper off to measure up and work out what was needed to be sourced.
    The car always felt a little slower/not quite as responsive after 3 or 4 pulls which I put down to rising IAT's going over the threshold and the ECU pulling back. I've yet to test this new set up but I'm hoping it will help to elevate this a little and provide more consistent power delivery, time will tell. The car is going on the dyno again in a couple of weeks so will update then.
    I will look at doing the coolant pump mod this week if I can locate the correct wire to be cut

29. Tashfeen

@GarethS4, believe yours is APR Stage 2, single pulley isn't it? Is it Supercharger or crank pulley as I believe the boost bleed would be different. Also, what fuel are you running atm?
    APR tune should remove it so that it builds to the redline.

30. Tashfeen

Cheers bud. Do you have the dimensions as I might start looking at one for myself sooner once I am back from holidays. Although I am pretty much decided on APR, I want to make sure I have looked into all of the cost-effective routes before spending the money

31. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

I used a jaguar XKR/XJR supercherged cooler
    Dimensions are ;

CORE = 400mm x 240mm x 30mm
    OVERALL = 500mm x 270mm x 50mm (not including hose fixings or legs)
    Inlet/outlets = 19mm OD

Tashfeen likes this.
  32. Tashfeen

You are a star - much appreciated buddy.

33. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

The main issue is the OE power steering cooler as is is right in the way in front of the air con rad and fouls anything you try to fit and differcukt to relocate hence the need for a slim oil cooler on top being used to resolve this issue.

Tashfeen likes this.
  34. xpoweruk

Nice work,looks a well put together project

35. GarethS4

GarethS4 Member

Yes apr and I have changed the supercharger pulley .would it be of benefit to me to change the crank pulley also and would my map need tweaked to accommodate .i use super which is 97 Ron over here .cant get the 100 or 103 ect you guys can get .just out of interest what price is the fuel over there for the shell or Tesco momentum ect.our 97 is around £1.25 atm

36. xpoweruk

APR have an updated file now I think. It covers dual pulley & Ultra Charge IIRC

GarethS4 likes this.
  37. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

I think Their 100 and 103 isn't a RON rating and is the equivalent to our 95 and 98/99 RON fuel over here in the U.K.

GarethS4 likes this.
  38. arad85

arad85 Well-Known Member Team V6 Audi S5 Black Edition

US 91 RON = UK 95 RON, US 93 RON = UK 98 RON. The 100+ RON's are race fuel.... 20170407_184020.jpg

Tashfeen and GarethS4 like this.
  39. GarethS4

GarethS4 Member

That's expensive stuff there .we used to run the rally car on it and it made for an expensive day out .

40. arad85

arad85 Well-Known Member Team V6 Audi S5 Black Edition

The guys at APR UK were using it when they were tuning my car... I haven't asked them what it made.... but at least the engine will be nice and loose now ;)