I want to install puddle lights.......How?

Its a pain I also wanted to do this but the work to get to the convenience module is a right mare i stuck with just the red warning lights in the doors and puddle lights thanks to Robin in the A3 forum!!!

If you got red marker lights already its so easy ...all you need is a clear light a sharp knife a bit of wire and a bit of welding wire ... First cut the hole out found under your door card with the sharp knife then pop out the red light at the side of your door card .. Then push the welding wire in the hole and feed it in so it pokes out the hole you have just cut then tape 2 bits of wire to it (live and earth) then join to the wire that powers the red light on your door .... Easy and you don't even have to remove your door card

Reactions: crazy88
Halfords | Prism LED Puddle Lights

Ive had a set of these knocking about in a drawer for ages, if it's as easy as you say Gordy I really should get them on!
I want them under door not on mirrors, wonder if there is enough clearance?

Halfords | Prism LED Puddle Lights

Ive had a set of these knocking about in a drawer for ages, if it's as easy as you say Gordy I really should get them on!
I want them under door not on mirrors, wonder if there is enough clearance?
go to scrap yard look out for a passat ...look at bottom of doors and you will see the proper lights you need you could even rob the wire as your there then all you need if you want led lights is the bulbs .. So cheap on eBay you get about ten for the price of one in halfolds

As said above, scrappy is your best bet, I got about 10 puddle lights and door markers for 50p! Then made my own loom and wired into the factory socket and all works well

What am I on about I just realised I was in about the footwell lights puddle lights are as per the above instructions they look good just wish the footwell ones were as easy!!!

If you got red marker lights already its so easy ...all you need is a clear light a sharp knife a bit of wire and a bit of welding wire ... First cut the hole out found under your door card with the sharp knife then pop out the red light at the side of your door card .. Then push the welding wire in the hole and feed it in so it pokes out the hole you have just cut then tape 2 bits of wire to it (live and earth) then join to the wire that powers the red light on your door .... Easy and you don't even have to remove your door card

If you haven't got the marker lights can you just tap into the courtesy light switch for live and an earth point and this will work?