I want to get rid of my ashtray!

Russell Miah

Reaction score
I have an ashtray under my climate control and it’s useless, I never use it and I’ve seen other cars with like a little cubby to place phones money etc and I want that but I can’t seem to find the part for it. Basically an ashtray delete.

A very common retro-fit. There are plenty of posts on here, there was a recent discussion around the 2nd of December. Also, Google “Audi A3 Ashtray Delete”.

My advise... Start smoking!

Reactions: Zee_A3_8P, Andy F, voorhees and 1 other person
You may also want to add ambient lighting under the climate control unit while you do the delete. See my recent posts.

Also worth removing the cigarette lighter with a more subtle power socket. Audi part no 8P0863387A6PS.

211f68bff5a92e3de731ba983978596d.jpg

642fe30606275900d54d9e07a052ee47.jpg

You may also want to add ambient lighting under the climate control unit while you do the delete. See my recent posts.

Also worth removing the cigarette lighter with a more subtle power socket. Audi part no 8P0863387A6PS.
Don’t I already have a light under the climate control? And also what’s the cigerette lighter retrofit?

If your car came with the lighting package, then yes, you'd have it already in which case my bad.
The retrofit is a simple swap. I've already mentioned the part no. Use search for more details.

All up, including the recessed lighter, cubby/pocket, led, light diffuser it was approx £80 inc delivery

From this guys mrj901 on facebook ?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

From this guys mrj901 on facebook ?

Since apart from the tray itself everything is more or less invisible, you could get the tray brand new (around £12 I think) and the rest from eBay/Gumtree/breakers to keep the cost down.

Reactions: pato89
I am not worried about ashtray itself ...
I am interested does anybody sell all parts needed for light cause they seem rare t...

I am interested does anybody sell all parts needed for light cause they seem rare t...

How do you know they are rare?
Just because you don't see them in eBay or the likes?
Did you call the local Audi dealer to find out?

Here's a thread, as recent as last year, in this very forum where exactly the same parts you're after was requested and quote received from Mike.
For whatever reason unknown to me he's not on the site any more but you can always contact him directly or even use the parts request on this site.

Reactions: ch1z64, samuelh_888 and paddy
I am not worried about ashtray itself ...

Just incase you get all the parts and to save you asking how you would do the retrofit follow this link ( audiretrofit.quinlivan.net ) and it explains all