I want my A3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sat1983

Reaction score
Hello peeps, first post here! I have finally joined the world of audi after owning (old bangers to you lot probably:p ) mk3 golfs, last one being a vr6. Briefly had a mk4 PD150 (it shifted) but always always wanted an audi. They're just a natural progression after owning vw's.
Placed my order last week for this beauty, its a 2.0 tdi, spec is pretty basic but you've got to bear in mind that for a 23 year old, its a very nice car!:
Audio / Communication:
radio/CD
Exterior:
Electric/heated door mirrors Interior:
Automatic dipping rear view mirror
Driver/passenger seat height adjustment
Front armrest
Front/rear head restraints
Interior light pack
Isofix
Split rear seat Safety / Technology:
Alarm
Anti-lock brakes
Climate control
Cruise control
Driver, passenger and side air bags
Electronic stability programme
Front electric windows
Immobiliser
Remote central door locking Steering Wheel:
Power-assisted steering
Rake/reach adjustable steering column/wheel

Trouble is the car is on loan to this woman, they havent been able to contact her for days!! Audi assure me they will get hold of her pretty soon but I can't wait!! Its been a week now!!! So they've given me an A4 2.0 tdi, must say I ain't too keen on saloons! But hey,its a new car and its nice to have a nice runaround!! Looking forward to have a few chats on this forum with you guys! Do you have any meets??

Finally picked it up today. Was well worth the wait, what a beauty!! Will take more pics asap. Surprised at the fact that there was more spec than I thought, a cd changer + auto lights!
One slight criticism,had a 56 plate A4 for 3 weeks and I must say the doors shut with a more solid "thud" than the A3! Any particular reason?

well done mate. im 23 and have had mine nearly 3 years ! loved it, starting to get a bit bored with it now though and have ordered a new A4 !

loved the A3 though

yeh thats one thing i noticed originally - the doors don't shut quite as well as they do on an A4 - not bad tho! must be something to do with the A4s construction or something - perhaps its built a little bit more substantially as it is an older design fundamentally

C_Audiboy said:
Remember the A3 3-door has doors that are a lot larger than the A4. Will probably sound different cos of that.

Wonder how the sportsback compares!

Nice one! I'm young too at only 20 and i'm loving my 2.0TDI too :D

Join the club, my car is at the dealers since 3 weeks ago just waiting for plates.... (don't get me started, long story...) Anyway some advances were made yesterday, hopefully won't be too long now...

Pedro