1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want more power

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by vroomtshh, Jun 8, 2012.

1. vroomtshh

vroomtshh Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Ok I've had my A4 for about 6 months now, and the time has come to start planning more power.

Its a BFB engined quattro (163).

What do I need to make a reliable 250bhp?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Taking it the engine is a 1.8T?

In that case; Front mount intercooler, K03s / K04-001 turbo, downpipe & full exhaust, remap.

4. Andi25th

Andi25th Member

Bigger turbo..... END

Start with a Remap, that shoud see you 200bhp

5. vroomtshh

vroomtshh Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Yes its a 1.8t.
    Thats why its all new to me. But I think because its a quattro, its not as easy as just bolting on a k04 and away you go. Not 100% on this though.

I'm not interested in just mapping it. 250bhp is what I want, and I have no interest in doing it in dribs and drabs. Been there, done that and its pointless paying for bits twice.

6. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

7. Andi25th

Andi25th Member

Buy a S4 save your self the greif.

Inertiauk likes this.
  8. Inertiauk

Inertiauk Member

I had a 1.8t to tune (it was an S3 so quite a different engine, but same principle). Had so much grief I wasted a lot of money on it and it was off the road for most of the time I had it, gave up in the end and just bought an S4.

Fast modified turbo cars are a bit more fun than big engined ones, however the price you pay is they are a lot more maintenance and a lot less reliable.

9. vroomtshh

vroomtshh Active Member
    VCDS Map User

I don't want to buy an s4 though. Or run one, or maintain one. If I did, that's what I would have bought. I'm well aware of living with a modified car.

10. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Similar username to one on VVOC. Same guy?

11. vroomtshh

vroomtshh Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Not me, probably Davy from paisley. We get mixed up on a few forums

12. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

Interesting post,

Im normally found on the s3 forums and have do hybrid turbos for s3's and TTs i have my own range of hybrids.

I bought a BFB a4 1.8t avant about 3 months ago with the purpose of building a hybrid turbo for the a4 longitudinal engine. I've been in discussion with a few members on here to figure the feasibility of such a turbo as there isn't really A high performance Turbo for the A4 with a "stock " fitment.

With all this in mind I have a finished version of the hybrid made up and hopefully in the near future will be fitting it. Its based on the k04 turbine from the s3/TT and the 2280 compressor wheel . This combo is capable on paper for 300 bhp but think its going to be limited by the restrictive turbine housing. To assist this a tubular exhaust manifold will be fitted, Fmic and 3" tip/maf and downpipe and decat. There is a future plan to aim to fit one of the k04 hybrids to the a4 which could yield 320+ bhp but this is a distant project.

With any luck I plan on starting the build in the next month or so and potentially could offer a full package but will certainly list all items used and map for the BFB as most of the parts bar the turbo are off the shelf items.

But back to your post, 250bhp from the BFB with out a turbo upgrade isn't going to happen, the available hybrids on the market will see you get 260bhp going BT route will see you as much as you want and can afford otherwise your just looking at a remap, Fmic exhaust and 230bhp is really your max from the BFB as is.

13. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Bring your car to Badger5. Bill and his team will work there magic .

14. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

Jesus, that'll be a hell of a drive for him:)

15. docurley

docurley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator