1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want exhaust pipes I can eat my dinner off

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Blue_Thunder, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

The winter hasn't been at all kind to my Milltek system and it's in a terrible state with rust spots and generally looking old. Melting the rear bumper to the pipes at the ASN Rolling Road day didn't help either!
    :wtf:

What techniques can I use to bring these up to scratch? Is it likely i'll be able to make them look like new again?

TIA

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Personally I use AutoSol and find it to cut through the soot and **** very well it also does a good job of polishing it up mirrorlike. To be hardcore I recall in some of WX51 post's that a Dremmel is used on them.

4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

A Dremel might indeed be needed - Milltek pipes can be a real pig to bring up. Can you post a few decent piccies of the problem and we can take it from there with further advice?

5. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!
    VCDS Map User

Clark, what bit do you use with the dremel?

6. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Various - we use a selection of wire brushes, sanding discs and felt polishing wheels. Get yourself to B&Q and take a look; they often do kits specifically for metal polishing with a selection of bits included. As always, start gently with felt pads, then move onto brushes and discs if needs be. :)

7. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!
    VCDS Map User

cheers Rich..... made another visit to Halfords today but really holding back till you posted..... didnt wanna spend unessesary money with them robbings dawgs:whistle2: