I took the Plunge!!

Changed to 3+2 tonight, lots more fun!

I had a TDUK on my 2.0 TDI and to be honest was not that impressed. I would splutter a few times and i could not really get a map i liked.
When I changed my car to a 3.0 Tdi Quattro i went down the route of a Revo remap and it is so much better. So much smoother and sharper than the tuning box. I know its a different car but if you drove both you would know what i mean.

I paid an extra £25 with Admiral multi car and I'm glad I did. I was involved in an accident about 6 weeks ago and when the insurance assessor rang me he dropped into the conversation "Nice remap". Who did it?

I told him it was declared and he said "is It". I am so glad it was declared !!!

Anyone fitting a tuning box or remap and not declaring it is nuts. If you have a heavy front end impact you will not be able to remove the tuning box.

Not that anyone would do this :)

Just to clarify mine was a DTUK box not TDUK as stated.
That was a typo!!

A break in the weather last night meant I could whip out the box and switch the map to 4+1 and it's pretty different! Definitely more aggressive, with the boost kicking in earlier making for more dramatic progress, or at least that's how it feels - I suspect it doesn't actually gain speed any quicker than 2+1, but the delivery makes it feel quicker.
I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that I have an adjustable car now - it's crazy to think that I can just move a couple of wotsits on a circuit board and have a totally different engine!

Try 3+2 . My favourite so far. Guess you can't please everyone but it certainly gets a thumbs up from me so far. I've had mapped cars before, and that is just something i didn't want to do this time.

Question. Does the vs scirocco use the same 143 engine as the a4? If so, could I use the box I have on that car?.

Me too just !! just took the plunge also, after reading this thread so far I needed something, as I think my standard 2.0 TDI S Line 143 (2008) needs the boost! I've never been impressed with the sluggish lower gears and pick up.

So decided to order today from the DTUK official site, thanks to Andrew on the website, very professional assistance, I think its already pre-programmed on 2+1 so will plug it in and see how it goes!

Just hoping I have no issues, by what you guys are saying it sounds good.

Will let you know when it arrives and I've tested it! can't wait :thumbsup:just hope I don't expect too much

Don't want to send it back as a lad at work just wants to test the unit on his car.Same engine anyone??

Well chaps, the honeymoon is over...

Switched to 4+1 the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it, then changed to 3+2 last night, but didn't have time to take it out and when I set off for work this morning the idle was all over the place, lurching between 750 and 900 RPM or so, but I set off to see if it would right itself... it didn't. Turned around to change the map to one I'd run before and... same problem! I must have tried half a dozen maps this morning, some new, some I'd used before, including 2+1 which it came one and it's all over the place below 1k RPM, but drives absolutely smoothly once you're under way.

I just don't get it, I've had days of problem free, fun, faster motoring, but now this idle issue seems to be on every map I try - even the tried and tested! Literally nothing has changed engine / rest of car wise and I've checked all the plugs & pins were clean with contact cleaner and made sure everything is fitted properly, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Is it possible that running 4+1 has done something to the engine / ECU?!

Forgot to mention that I tried it with the blanking plug on the loom instead of the box and it still ran like a pig at idle! That got me worried...

And in answer to your question p17fld, it might be the same engine in the Scirocco, but it looks like it has 138bhp rather than 143 which suggest there's something different about its state of tune, so it might not be compatible, but you'd need an expert view!

Switched to 4+1 the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it, then changed to 3+2 last night, but didn't have time to take it out and when I set off for work this morning the idle was all over the place, lurching between 750 and 900 RPM or so, but I set off to see if it would right itself... it didn't. Turned around to change the map to one I'd run before and... same problem! I must have tried half a dozen maps this morning, some new, some I'd used before, including 2+1 which it came one and it's all over the place below 1k RPM, but drives absolutely smoothly once you're under way.

I just don't get it, I've had days of problem free, fun, faster motoring, but now this idle issue seems to be on every map I try - even the tried and tested! Literally nothing has changed engine / rest of car wise and I've checked all the plugs & pins were clean with contact cleaner and made sure everything is fitted properly, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Is it possible that running 4+1 has done something to the engine / ECU?!

Hi Dave,

running the kit on a setting thats too high will simply cause an EML, if you've removed the box and are now running the blanking plug that my money would be on an issue with the loom or the car itself. Physically remove and check the loom for any visible signs of damage and see how the car runs without anything connected at all.

if the car runs fine then connect the loom + blanking plug to the common rail pressure sensor only and let us know the outcome.

Failing that we have vehicles down here that we can test the kit on, but we need to rule out physical damage to the loom first and foremost before doing anything else.

Don't want to send it back as a lad at work just wants to test the unit on his car.Same engine anyone??

the system maybe compatible but this all depends on the software that we loaded onto the box.

If you've bought the box from us recently give us a call and we can advise which of the 4 maps would be suitable to try on the Scirrocco

Hi Dave, noticed you're
in Cheshire somewhere. I'm in Stockport and you're more than welcome to try my box on your car to seeing that fixes things?

Ive just ordered my box and waiting delivery, i did alot of research before I took the plunge, to me this sounds to be a rare issue to have a fault like that, just hope its something simple mate!

Ive just ordered my box and waiting delivery, i did alot of research before I took the plunge, to me this sounds to be a rare issue to have a fault like that, just hope its something simple mate!

Issues are rare but if the car is acting up with out the box then there could well be damage to the loom, or an underlying issue with the car :)

Hopefully Dave had read my earlier post and has removed and check the loom for physical damage. Worst case we can test the hardware (with a software flash) on our amarok or q7

Thanks for the replies guys and your very kind offer p17fld (we're only around 10 miles apart), sorry I did't get a chance to update you on the situation until now.

I set off from work last night and the engine was still a bag of spanners at idle, rocking the car quite noticeably whilst sitting in the traffic, but behaving itself when under way. Then when I was almost home, I stopped at a junction and the stop / start kicked in and I started to worry that it wouldn't start again, but sure enough it fired up when I put the clutch in and idled smoothly! It must have reset itself or something, butthis morning it was back to normal... I can't explain it, but nor am I complaining!

I'm a bit nervous to go changing the map again, but I'll give it a try, probably at the weekend (it looks like motorbike commuting weather tomorrow!) and report back... watch this space.

Well got home from work tonight and my DTUK CRD-T was sat on the kitchen worktop waiting for me:thumbsup:eek:rdered Tues 4-30pm arrived 11-15am today Thurs, well impressed! So went straight for it! read instructions briefly as I had already been sent them to my phone at time of ordering, again well impressed! Up with the bonnet, off with the engine cover, left the box on the pre-set map as it came out of the box! and down to business, how can you get it wrong? One cable lead, 4 plugs and the box, all fitted in 10mins, precise clear instructions! :drool: Simples!

Hardest bit was figuring out the best place to locate the box:uhm: as I was itching to try it out, ive tie wrapped it to one of the aircon pipes although, not entirely happy with this so may move it later, at the weekend, perhaps you guys can suggest the best place as I was struggling.

:yahoo:Time to try it out!

Well first impression was am I in the same car? Wow its smooth and omg fast! total transformation , I haven't had much time only went around the block a few times and thought I'd better leave it until I go to work tomorrow before the police stop and ban me!

Cant wait for morning, a little bit of motorway and country roads so will be fun :salute:

If you have'nt got one, buy one! I don't think you will be disappointed.

See my post on page one, slotted mine behind the nearside headlamp.

Are all these boxes you guys on about for diesel engines? Would anyone suggest this for a petrol?

Do petrol tuning boxes also:

Checkout there website : DTUK® FSR MultiChannel Petrol Tuning Box | chip tuning boxes from Diesel Tuning UK

Brand New from DTUK

DTUK® FSR MultiChannel Petrol Tuning Box

FSR - Multi-Channel Petrol Tuning System

Our newest addition to the DTUK range, which is specifically for Turbo Charged Petrol Cars.

1.4 1.8 and 2.0 TSI/TFSI VW, SEAT, SKODA, Audi

BMW F20 116i 118i ,BMW F30 316i

Vauxhall Opel 1.6T 150/180/192 PS

Yeh I've seen those, and this one specifically for my car

Diesel Tuning box for Audi A4 1.8 Tfsi 170ps (2011-)

but haven't seen any reviews or any comments about petrol version, but do hear a lot of people saying remap over tune for petrol.
My car doesn't have a map for it yet even though it's been 3 years since the release of the engine.

We've tuned a few of the 1.8 170s now and they respond very well, there's a member on here called Adam who's running an FSR on his a5 which will be transferred to his s3 once it arrives in September

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Well, been running my DTUK CRT-T for a couple of days now since receiving it on Thursday, on the setting as it came out of the box, I never thought to check what setting it was on just fitted it.
and I must say very impressed so far.

And no wonder! thought I would try Map 3.2 this morning to see what that was like and turns out the box was already set on Map 4.0? I thought it was quick but a little aggressive.

Anyway it is on Map 3.2 now so will just see how that goes.

What would be really helpful is if Andrew can load images of the maps and we can all say which map we are running ... as I am running map 2+1 but other people may have that map in a different position ..

So Andrew can we load an image of yhe maps ??

What would be really helpful is if Andrew can load images of the maps and we can all say which map we are running ... as I am running map 2+1 but other people may have that map in a different position ..

So Andrew can we load an image of yhe maps ??

Here you go...you should be able to click this and make it bigger to see.

Screen Shot 2014 05 17 at 173445

Last edited:
Yeah good shout, i'd like this too...

Anthony you're maps 1 and 2 are different as you know ... To save any confusion we send a copy of these out with the kits as 1) different power outputs use slightly different files, and 2) we're often adjusting the files too

Could anyone recommend a chip for a TDI 136 bhp over here in Austria ?

Thanks for your time but I may go with Racechip out of Germany has they offer free shipping and from what I've read pretty good reviews. Its just the added shipping cost (No fault of your own) again thanks for you time