1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my Dad is having a mid-life Crisis !!!

ANNANBHOY May 15, 2007

1. ANNANBHOY

ANNANBHOY Livin' It Up !

phoned him up on saturday to see what he was up to. Conversation went like this-
    Me-Alright Dad, what you up to ?
    Dad-At Audi Garage looking for new cars!
    Me-Hang on a second, I will be right there !

so I get to the dealership and discover he is gonna order 2 new Audi's. He has always been a Jaguar man but he wants a change. He tells me that he has just ordered a new A5 3.0 TDI Quattro (he's always been a petrol man) and has also just agreed to get a new 3.0 red TT coupe.

Im starting to get worried :think:

2. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

Cool some cars to get a shot of then

3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

Do they do a 3.0 TT coupe ;)

4. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

Sounds good, bet the salesman was happy to.

5. ANNANBHOY

ANNANBHOY Livin' It Up !

not at all but should a man of nearly 60 be driving those type of cars ? I actualyl think "sad bastard" when i see an old man in a coupe

6. smee

smee Member

Well I for one hope that I am still driving nice cars when I am 60. At that stage you have worked most of your life, hopefully made some money and should be allowed to enjoy it. If that makes me a "sad bastard" then thats what I will be.

7. Rich

Rich Rollin on boost mother hubbards

Here here

8. joost

joost Active Member

Nice choices. As long as he doesn't drive them like he should be in a Micra then he can be as sad as he wants for me!

Ditto...:)

9. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

Which dealership is he going to and why buy 2 cars has he won the lottery?

10. HmanS3

HmanS3 Member

If you got it spend it ! you cant take it with you and the Kids don't Deserve it!

11. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

My dad bought one of the very early Mk2 GTi 16v's - D446EAJ - in Feb 1986. It was black with BBS split rims and a full bodykit and rear spoiler. He was 55 at the time. So you're never too old to be a boy racer.

12. BrianM

BrianM BrianM

Christ if he isn't allowed to do it at 55 when he can afford to then what's left? I'm 53 and still ride a Triumph Sprint 955i and love it, also have the A3 Sportback S Line and still play 5 a side (albeit poorly). I will never use age as an excuse for enjoyment, "there should be no age limits"

13. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

First thing that entered MY head.

14. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Shame, no pics of his bit on the side.....

15. Boydie

Boydie Guest

you can play rugby in your 80's :D thats what i will be doing! watch out for the golden shorts haha