I think I'm getting ripped off help :(

Puppertail

Reaction score
I am planning to buy a used Audi A3 2016 from the used approved Audi website however I am comparing the prices on auto trader via using reg number and miles and surprisingly the price check on auto trader is couple grand cheaper for example on the approved Audi A3 Sline 66 reg plate it is priced £21500 and on autotrader (and other car comparing websites) it is around £18599-£19000 so clearly Audi is ripping me off? I checked on the other cars too and I get the same results. Should I cuss them and show them the comparison websites? I don't get if? What am I missing here? Sorry if this is a noob question, firstly I have no experience and this is my first (well sorta my first car was 10 years ago and my dad bought it me) car. Appreciate the help

Sorry for the bad grammar I am typing all this on my crappy phone :)

I am planning to buy a used Audi A3 2016 from the used approved Audi website however I am comparing the prices on auto trader via using reg number and miles and surprisingly the price check on auto trader is couple grand cheaper for example on the approved Audi A3 Sline 66 reg plate it is priced £21500 and on autotrader (and other car comparing websites) it is around £18599-£19000 so clearly Audi is ripping me off? I checked on the other cars too and I get the same results. Should I cuss them and show them the comparison websites? I don't get if? What am I missing here? Sorry if this is a noob question, firstly I have no experience and this is my first (well sorta my first car was 10 years ago and my dad bought it me) car. Appreciate the help

Sorry for the bad grammar I am typing all this on my crappy phone :)

Private seller would be selling at the cars value but youll find audi will mark up on the value price between 2k - 3k to make profit, for example my 63 plate tdi was traded in for £10000 but was then on sale for £13000. Just look around and if theres better deals elsewhere go for it, as long as you get a few years warranty then you should be fine other. Places than audi approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above, Audi dealers need to make a profit they have a lot of overheads which all needs to be paid for, I'm sure you could find one slightly cheaper in a used car lot that does not have the overheads. You could also try to find private sellers but then you take the risk. There is also some haggling on price to be done, try and knock them down £500 but I think that would be maximum amount of discount on the car.

With a year old car, it makes no odds if you buy from Audi or an independent garage, or a private seller, assuming the service history is intact you’ll still have the balance of the “new car warranty”.

With that in mind, simply buy from wherever has the purchase method you need (be that cash, HP, PCP, etc), the car and spec you want, and at the cheapest price.

Had the car been over 3 years old, I’d be more inclined to suggest buying from an Approved Used stockist, as this way you actually get a used car warranty that’s worth more than the paper it’s written on. I’d not trust a back street garage warranty as far as I could throw the owner.

Reactions: David McQueen
There are also other factors that vary price, the spec can have an effect on price, has the car had accident damage?
Be brave and talk to your Audi dealer if they are local to you they can be a great friend in the future, you are hopefully I know it's not always the case however, building a relationship, it's not just the car you are buying in to.
Get a couple at least of the cars on autotrader as support and present an offer to your dealer. If he has the car you want and don't forget he wants you to have it!
This could be a great Saturday for you, good luck

I'm more talking about being scammed by private seller (stolen car etc).

Reactions: deanshaw24
How much are you looking to spend and what are you after???

The price you pay for an S-line from Audi you could have my S3 for!!! Yes that is for sale and will be ready in about 4 weeks when I get my A5 coupe. Full history, low miles, mint condition, looked after from day 1 and still has 6 months Audi warranty :) If you wanted piece of mind you could add another 12 months direct with Audi and it would still be cheaper than a used one from an Audi main dealership!

Bl

IMG 4687

Reactions: Pinky1959, David McQueen, Dunedin and 1 other person
You can have any prospective purchase checked over by someone neutral, the RAC used to do a multi-point inspection. This will include mechanical and paint inspection. You would be provided with a report that would advise if the car had been in an accident. An HPI check would also inform you of any outstanding finance. Any seller should be happy to have this done. If you are buying private or from a dealer.

What is a good price for a 2016 facelift sline a3? I want satnav and parking sensors and the rest I don't care.

Find the car, get the reg and get some valuations from sites like what car, maybe https://hpivaluations.com/
As others have said once you find the "trade value" a margin must be allowed to cover prep etc if from a dealer, they will also have to pay tax on any profit made. When an Audi dealer carries out a multi point inspection the sales department will still be invoiced from the service department. An Audi tech is not cheap as many here know. This is why they are more expensive, original parts and as they are tied to an approved scheme they can't skip any remedial work. Despite the age of any used car these inspections must be done to comply with licensing.
I don't have access to a trade guide (Glass or CAP) so can't price a car personally.
Hope this helps you further.

Subscribing to Parkers for a month for the sum of £9.99 is also an option, it helped me enormously when making our recent purchase.

As others have said, its pretty normal for Audi to charge a premium over others.

When a car is over 2 yrs old, I think the 12months Approve used Audi warranty is worth it, but when its still got more than 12m of its original 3 yr warranty, I really don't get why you would pay extra to buy from an Audi dealer. They're not offering you anything more...?

So the answer is quite simple...don't buy one from Audi :)

Also if you buy a used car from Audi their used car apr is horrendous at 10.9%. Other dealers can do as low as 5%

What area of the U.K. Are you Puppertail?
Maybe there are members here who can point you towards a car/dealer.

Audi will probably build in punters wanted to trade in and wanting too much for their car . If you are not trading am sure you will get a discount

Reactions: Dunedin