I put the right amount of air in the tyres now they feel flat

A4A

Reaction score
Its an 05 b7 2.0 tdi estate, i just thought i'd check the other day and there was 44-5psi (meant to be 34-5) with 205/55-60/16s so dropped it to that now they feel flatish especially on the front....why's that..

Felt better with 44 but i suppose i should get used to what's meant to in as i'll wear the tyres out quicker

Really? The car must have felt like it was floating?

What tyres are they?
Ive recently put hankook ventus v12's on mine and they feel really soft with normal pressures, i think some tyres just have softer sidewalls which could explain why they were over filled in the first place.
But like others have said you will get used to that feel in time.

End of the day the tyres where pupped far beyond what they should be, what the hell posses you to run them that high eh?

Probably some idiot that had no idea what they where doing and thought they felt too soft originally, either that or read the max pressure on the sidewall rather than the manufactures guidlines.

Really? The car must have felt like it was floating?

It didn't, it felt good

End of the day the tyres where pupped far beyond what they should be, what the hell posses you to run them that high eh?

A wonky gauge, it was the other day when getting diesel i thought "i'll check the tyres while i'm here" and thought 44-5 that's about 10 more than normal but as said above it felt fine....not it feels odd and a bit soft

Ohhhh i assumed youd brought it like that, if the gauge was that out you're lucky it didnt burst a tyre

Or was the gauge that gave a lower reading wrong and you've now under inflated your tyres, might be worth a third check just to make sure mate.

It was mine I've had for years and never had any trouble, the other one was at the local garage. I think now that it's at (I presume) 34-5 I'll check with mine tomorrow to see what's what and take it from there.

Tyres I'm sure can more than that before they'll blow but know what you mean.