I-Pod Link in B6 S4 - Track ID??

Sulli

Reaction score
I have a 2004 B6 S4 with Nav, I-pod link. The Ipod charges OK from the connection, but there is not track ID showing on the screen which is a bit irritating. Is there any way around this or is that just the way it is?
Also, can I get TV easily on the Nav, or a reverse camera - saw a post on that but on first glance look pretty complicated....

The Sat Nav was never capable of displaying track names as it uses the CD changer interface for the Ipod and it's not text capable. So Any Ipod interface will never display tracks names on the standard RNS-E nav unit.

The Dension gateway 100 CAN units will display on the DIS, but not the nav screen.

You could have the Alpine/IMA Ipod interface fitted, this emulates a TV tuner interface and allows you to display the Ipod on the Nav screen for music and videos, also allows control of the Ipod from the nav unit.

Cheers for that - would I get TV too with the Alpine? What sort of cost would this be?

No, the IMA emulates a TV tuner so it can recognised by the RNS-E, but it is not a TV tuner, it is merely an intelligent video interface.

I fit them for around £380