i phone 4s

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
hi everyone
got an i phone 4s 32g and love using it with my bury car kit. but i need to insure it any recomedations i am with oronge and they want £12 a month.

any help would be great members
cheers nally

better off posting this in the gadgets section or general chat more people to see it that way matey

Try insure it with your bank as normally for around the same price you can get iPhone insurance, laptop insurance and car breakdown in a package. Sometimes it will be included free also dependant on account type. If not i think 'Protect Your Bubble' is a good bet!

Reactions: nally
better off posting this in the gadgets section or general chat more people to see it that way matey
was wondering about that but then tought i may get a better reply on here as speak to more members here

Your bank usually has the best deal, but protect your bubble looks reasonably cheap - apparently I could get my iPad, Phone, iPhone (used as an iPod) and laptop covered for £15, so your iPhone should be under £12....

Halifax will insure it for freeeeeeeeeeeee ;)
Depending on what type of acc you hold

Halifax will insure it for freeeeeeeeeeeee ;)
Depending on what type of acc you hold

We have the ultimate reward account, it's £15 a month but you get £5 back if you pay in more than 1k a month, plus you get breakdown insurance, travel insurance and some others as well as the mobile phone cover. Also because it's a joint account, it covers both phones. So for me it's a win win!

Sounds like the same type of acc. But my misses gets it fre :wtf:

But hen again she's only got the 4

thanks for the replys everyone i am with hsbc ( the account you pay a free for) ill have to check to see they do it also

i had my insurance with the bank but when i needed to claim for a broken screen they told me that i would have to send the phone back to them and wait 2 weeks before they would send me out the replacement phone which isnt even new. i wasnt prepared to go without a phone for 2 weeks so i just repaired the phone myself for the same price of the excess that the insurance company wanted to charge me.

On the other hand don't insure it and when it breaks go into apple pick a younge filli then turn on the charm, as it's to their discretion as to if they charge you for a repair. Believe me if it does work.... Ahem ;)

Reactions: Sandra
well after i repaired the screen i somehow messed up the GPS signal and could no longer use TOMTOM... i took it back to the apple store (bare in mind i took it apart and swapped the screen) and they just replaced it with a new one :)

Lol did they not open it up to check beforehand ??
I got a freebie replacement when I totally shattered mine. Was well impressed as the dude next to me was handing over £145 for his lol he didn't look too happy.

check it? they used a magnifying lamp thing to look in the headset port (for water damage) and then the wally (sorry 'Genius') looked at the screws (that i had opened about 20 times) and decided that it was faulty.
hell im not complaining at all :)

Haha brilliant, you use Cydia ash? Any addon recommendations ;)

On the other hand don't insure it and when it breaks go into apple pick a younge filli then turn on the charm, as it's to their discretion as to if they charge you for a repair. Believe me if it does work.... Ahem ;)

thats pretty much how i get things done in work lol

ok so here are sone handy cydia tweaks i have on my iPhone

SBSettings
Alarming
Bluetooth service manager
ChatPic
Color Keyboard
CyDelete
Cyntact
Direct Closer Pro
KillBackground
Five Icon Dock
Fullscreen for Safari
Gridlock
HeadingLock For Maps
iAP Cracker
Mail Enhancer
PKGBackup
MyStrings
Navigate From Maps
SpyPhoto
Tv Tube Sleep
Wee Flashlight for Notification Centre
Symbol Pro

I have a load more but they are more for the system stuff like iFile etc.

IMO gadget insurance is a complete waste of money, like extended warranties on white goods. Just look after the thing.
If you're concerned about it getting nicked then just put a couple of £k of 'all risks' on your home insurance.

Nice one ash, a few I'm liking at the mo if you haven't tryed yet...

SB Settings
lock info
Barrel
voice activator ( good **** take of siria) for non 4's peeps ;)

Barrel annoyed me since it slows down the overall animation speed of the phone so i removed it.
Lock Info is always in use on mine... its so much better than the standard notification centre.
I'll have a look at the voice activator... can you tell it commands like 'turn off bluetooth' as well as tell it to write out a text message??

Is this iPhone 4 or 4s? Anyway if you have Siri get Siritoggles off Cydia, allows you to turn on wifi etc etc via Siri

And Activator - must download, allows you to shake phone to close all apps in use in the multitask dock (saves time and battery) also other features like swipe left for previous track or right for next track