I phone 3GS

Merlyn

Reaction score
My B8 a4 is "high" phone prepped and I just bought a cradle for my I-phone ,thing is can't get it to work in the cradle ,works fine off it thru normal bluetooth connection, am I missing something?:think:

Are you turning the Blurtooth off when in the cradle? Some phones (my Nokia 6300 for example) use the cradle purely for the external aerial and charging.

The actual functionality still goes via Bluetooth.

If this isn't the case then I'm afraid I've no idea.

No Scotty, I just leave bluetooth on permanent then it connects as soon as I turn the ignition on.

I'm confused. I thought Phone Prep High included the SAP module in the cradle dock. Have you removed this and added the IPhone one instead?

Last edited:
Sorry mate i've misled you,I meant it connects thru Bluetooth without being in the cradle, as soon as I clip it in it dosen't work.

So when clipping into the cradle BT stops working & no phone use at all in the car when in cradle?

I wonder if you have a coding issue mate, cause it would seem its charging ok but cradle isnt active with car properly, it obviously discons the BT which would seem sensible if its in the cradle so probably switches profiles that would disable BT, assuming when you remove from cradle the BT auto switches on again, these are my thoughts but I dont know the B8 that well, but stands to reason & looking at coding & thinking outside the box it points me to this, example would be from this link below has options for enabling/disabling the cradle, do you have vagcom to check coding?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A4_(8K)_Telephone_Bluetooth#Coding

This link shows the B8 tel coding at bottom of page for multiple PR coded B8's, have a nosey.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A4/S4/RS4/Cabriolet_(8K)

doesn't high use RSAP which is not supported by the iPhone???

That's what I was thinking but I also thought you got the RSAP adaptor in the cradle instead of it being empty.