I NEED A CHANGE

alnes

Reaction score
Hi, i need a change, had vw / audi for years now just a bit bored, i have enjoyed my A3 good car just need a change.
Iam thinking about poss BMW 320d m sport looks a nice bit of kit , but not looked properly yet.
Anyway thanks for all your help in the past guys will keep looking through the forum now and again.
if anyone is interested in my sline give me a shout before i trade it in cheers .

Hi mate,

Just one tip.....

Go for the 330d if anything. My 320d was underpowered and after driving the 330d, what a difference.

Good luck though:racer:

I would assume he has a very good reason for going for a 320D.
Cost, or perhaps company car rules etc.

There's a huge difference in price between a 320D and a 330D, never mind a 335D!

A 320D M-sport is £ 28670.00
A 330D M-sport is £ 33885.00

That's a massive difference.
Even a boring SE model 330D is £30930.00

I'd rather have a 320D M-sport over a 330D SE, any day of the week.
If the standard 173bhp isn't enough, get it chipped.
A chipped 320D will give around 205bhp, which is better than a 325D.
Still short of a 330D, but I bet it wouldn't be far behind in a straight race.

Hi Bowfer, just about right, looking at 2year old 320d m sport loaded, its an andy tool as it is but could always chip it,i dont do hire purchase cash only , only going for 2 year old to get rid of some of the depreciation factors,looked at a couple under 15k miles but very nearly 1/2 new price.thanks all

How about the new Merc C-class Sport.

My unc got the C230 and its fast, handles absolutly spot on (seriously, test drive one), big brakes and looks awesome:

dsds.jpg

You can build one on the merc web site...

HTH

I'll definitely be visiting the Merc dealer when I come to renew.
That's a great looking car.
I've driven a basic model C-class (the new one, as above) on holiday in Prague.
I really enjoyed it.
At 120mph+ on dodgy cezech motorways, it tracked straight and conversation was dead easy.
We get some ****** good lease deals on Mercs too, presumably because of their low depreciation.

One thing though, do you have to specify the three-pointed star on the bonnet?
The car above doesn't have it, the one I had in Prague did.
I'd want that, I enjoyed having that in front of me as I drove along.
Doesn't look like a proper Merc without it, IMO.:no:

One thing though, do you have to specify the three-pointed star on the bonnet?
The car above doesn't have it, the one I had in Prague did.
I'd want that, I enjoyed having that in front of me as I drove along.
Doesn't look like a proper Merc without it, IMO.:no:

Depends which model you specify..... The sport model (as pictured above) comes with the aggressive grill and no star. The SE (or what ever merc call it) comes with a more subtle grill and the traditional star. Trying to aim it at both merc traditionalists & the 'younger' audi/bmw crowd. Sport is the much better looking version in my opinion, particularly as you get the very cool looking 'AMG styled' wheels. Pretty sure merc will offer an option to 'upgrade' to the different grill for either option...... for a small fee of course.

I really like those C-Class Mercs. Look like a mini S-Class :)

Have they improved build quality on mercs yet? I mean they did go through a phase when my mate had to have 4 replacement cars (previous model C320) and my mum even had to have an a-class swapped then the second one was faulty from new too.

They were living on the name and yet absolute ***** underneath just hope thats changed, to me as a younger driver that c-class is butt ugly but i do like the wheels however maybe not cleaning them!

Have they improved build quality on mercs yet? I mean they did go through a phase when my mate had to have 4 replacement cars (previous model C320) and my mum even had to have an a-class swapped then the second one was faulty from new too.

They were living on the name and yet absolute ***** underneath just hope thats changed, to me as a younger driver that c-class is butt ugly but i do like the wheels however maybe not cleaning them!

Mercs quality have always been top notch to me.

My mums had the older c-class from new and its a 2003 with 70k and never gone wrong. And merc alwaya give a top notch service (weve been told theres no diagnostic charge either and ours is out of waranty too).

As for this merc, i had it at 155 mph (private track) and it feels like you doing 60mph. The build quality is spot on and being young (18), i think it looks awesome. I think its the best looking saloon you can buy of this spec.

you have to see it in reality though. there are so many curves and lines...i think it looks fantastic. And the wheels onit are the original AMG ones.

Also, the lighting arrangement on the front lights is very clever... you need to see one. Looks really aggresive. The top part is the sidelight (looks like an eye!)

IMO, its one of the cars that looks more than its worth. I told my mates its worth £50k and they all seem to believe it.

But you have to have the sport model...all the others are bland (minus the amg and brabus ones) and i think it has to be in black or white...no other colour seems to suit them IMO.

You can get the badge with the three stars on teh bonnet but on the sport, the flat one comes as standard.

But the handling is the amazing bit...honestly, my uncle took me for a fast spin around the trafford centre round abouts and im sure we were doing 70+. it handles fantasticly! Sounds like a plane as the supercharger makes that whining noise (never been in a derv one though but their turbo charged)

I love his merc so much that in 2009 when it comes up for renewal on his company policy, providing its in my budget, i promised him I'd buy it :D

More pics:

xxd.jpg

xxd2.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

The only bad points is the ride is firm (but not as hard as my a3 s-line) and blacks hard to keep clean :D

But definitly test drive one...if your anything like me, you'll love it! (And no...i dont work for Mercedes! I just love that car!)

HTH

Lovely bit of kit.
Well smart.
I know what you mean about people over-valuing some cars.
People always assume my Alpina D3 is at least £10k more than it is.
When I say £28k, they are always pleasantly surprised.
Evidently something about Alpina and Merc badges that make people tink they're dearer than they are.