1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I must be jinxed

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by marriedblonde, Aug 5, 2005.

1. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

I'm sure my car's jinx'd. I drove to scunthorpe to see my sister and niece and managed to get a cracked windscreen.

The next weekend I break an inner CV joint and I am without my car for 3 weeks.

Last night whilst out looking at a new house I manage to pick up a puncture in one of my rear tyres (not the knackered front ones!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

At this rate my car's going to bankrupt me before long.... And I thought it would be cheaper to run than my r32, what a fool.

On the plus side at least I have it back for my track day tomorrow at goodwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  2. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Unlucky MB, she does sound jinxed. But maybe a good thrasing round the track will make her behave. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

MB,

Sorry to hear, cause the tyre thing got me exactly the same, which is a b*mmer when we're on maintenance plan.
  4. slimbloke

slimbloke Member

phhh... same here. within the first year I have replaced 3 tyres that I had to pay for due to punctures or damage (pinching).
  5. medicineman

medicineman Member

Mines gone through 2 tyres in 4000 miles, one punture and on Wed, hit a brick and buggered the side wall.
  6. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

J, if they give you the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif about not being repairable go to Flintstone tyres on the Botley road (just before Swanwick station) and they'll work they're magic for about £18.