1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i know its chavvy but...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ALPINE, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

2. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Wouldnt buy that, filters too small.

Only problem with fitting one of them mate is water getting sucked up.
  3. finesse

finesse Active Member

ASn Anti Chav Movement, where art thou?
  4. zeeeebo

zeeeebo Lifes one big laugh

i have that pipe with a differnt filter on it, the filter was way to big in the pack i got ( wasnt the same one but similar), as dani said you have to be a bit careful when driving through puddles as it is so low to the ground, especially if your car is lowered. i have a coldside relocation kit blowing straight into the metal and it is alot louder than the standard box but its not a tshh noise.
  5. martin g

martin g [censored]

CIA's are fine, I had one on a mazda I once had, yes you do avoid puddles but it depends on how you mount it, mount it where water cant be sprayed or pushed to it. `if your really worried about dragging water in, you can by anti hydro-lock flap valves which fit along the down pipe and close up if the resistance (i.e. water being sucked up instead of air) increases but I wouldnt do it personally, I wouldnt risk strangling the engine. Its no worse than a 306 front splitter mounted stock air intake, which incidently I once owned and drove through a flood and yup, new engine.
  6. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

hmm... ok... was worries about the water thing.... and considdering im slamming it next week prob best not to. Think im just going to have to save up and buy a forge TIP for the noise
  7. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

If you want noise you need a cone mate, mines loud now I have my cone back on...the TIP wont add much noise on its own.

After all the slagging cones I've had no issues since mines been on. Although its not a 'flutter' noise, its a 'cough'.
  8. zeeeebo

zeeeebo Lifes one big laugh

yer what tom said. its not a flutter but a loud noise and coughing sums it up quite well haha. i have experimented with 3 types of air filter. orignal box, heat gaurded air cone, pipe to font bumper ( like in your link) and at the mo i just have a big air filter in the engine bay. the pipe is very good if you know your not going to get puddles ( which in england happen alot !) the shielded air intake ( in my dp) was amazing and kept the air cold but the filter inside was very small so was restrcive. i have just a cone on at the mo which is the best of both world but will have to wait till the sumer to find out!
  9. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

I'm running a BMC with my Forge 007p and get a lovely 'whoosh' sound now. No decrease in performance and the way the car feels btw ever since i had my BMC. Some people said they're ***** and not to do it as the car runs like **** with a BMC....well mine isn't and i've had it a few weeks now :)
  10. Olly P

Olly P My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

:superman:
  11. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

I'm also waiting for the summer (if it arrives this year!), any issues will mean the stock airbox goes back on :)
  12. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!

to be fair im looking at a similar set up for the A3...... the S3, you would struggle even with a front mount fitted allowing the extra space

neighbour has the carbonio kit and it gives him the flutter your talking about - same as this but carbon

the worries are as above though...especially with it being the misus car