1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have managed to break my driver side seat belt catch!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by AidenUK, Dec 27, 2009.

1. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

[Dec 27, 2009]
    Whilst clunking my seat belt in today i have also managed to get my zip from my coat pocket stuck in at the same time, when i pulled the zip out of the catch the little plastic part on the end of the zip has come off and is now stuck in the catch!

I have tried to remove it but i have now knackered the catch totally! And yes, you've guess it.. the bit of plastic is still there!

I can't drive a car without wearing a seat belt.. I don't feel comfortable and then there is the annoying beeping sound on the dash bleeping away all the time, so does anyone know roughly how much a new catch is and what sort of job it is to do?

I'll be ringing Audi first thing in the morning to order a catch, but really i just need to know what sort of a job it is?

There must be some sort of electrical wiring down there because of the bleeping noise on the dash?

I can feel this getting expensive! :keule:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. EvolutionV

EvolutionV Member

[Dec 28, 2009]
    Its fairly easy to change the seat belt catch mate, there's a spline bolt under your left hand seat rail. Once undone it just simply slides out. You would need to take all 4 seat bolts off though. But can be done with the seat still in the car. Should take no longer than 15 mins max. YHPM ;)
  4. Brian566

Brian566 Member

[Dec 28, 2009]

Just read this thread

I did the same thing last week with my fleece toggle but after a hour putting belt in and out and WD40 it now OK " Mine was the red catch that would not lock"

The belt catch just seams to be were you coat toggles are !

I thought it was a major seat out and full belt replacement

Thanks for info:thumbsup:
  5. AidenUK

[Dec 28, 2009]
    EvolutionV, responded to your PM fella.

:thumbsup:
  6. AidenUK

[Dec 28, 2009]
    I've definitely ruined my catch, i can't get the bit of plastic out and i have bust something inside the catch trying to remove it Brian.

:icon_thumright:
  7. AidenUK

[Jan 2, 2010]
    Replaced the catch today, now the airbag light is on and the seat belt chime no longer works, the car doesn't detect when someone is sat in the drivers seat now?

Any ideas?

Thanks
  8. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

[Jan 2, 2010]
    did you disconect the battery when doing it? The wiring to the latch may also be for the seats airbag and disconnecting it could have flagged up an error if you didnt disconnect the battery. I'm guessing you dont have vagcom so I would check the connections & disconnect the battery for 30 mins to clear the error. Not sure why chime isnt working though (isnt that a good thing LOL)