I HATE MY CAR!

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up the car after the replacement springs went on, and RSTTs, but now I'm hearing a fluttery, ticking sort of noise as the turbo kicks in (sounds like a bearing, or maybe a gasket leak... hard to tell). Looking through threads, I'm thinking downpipe though. I've only driven it once since it had the exhaust manifold replaced, too. :keule:

Do Audi do "approved" checks on cars they're not selling? I want to just find someone who can make a list of everything that's about to go/needs replaced so I can figure a price and just get everything sorted in one go.

Do Audi do "approved" checks on cars they're not selling?

They do something very similar. I'm sure they won't charge much....!

I bought my car from an audi dealership for peace of mind, but if I bought privately I'd probably have popped it into audi for a health check anyway. When you're spending £££ on a car you love it's good to know that it's in top nick. And I am by no stretch of the imagination mechanically minded...

I used to live in Aberdeen btw, seems to be lots more s3's on the go up there now... or maybe I'm just noticing them more,,,

Just picked up the car after the replacement springs went on, and RSTTs, but now I'm hearing a fluttery, ticking sort of noise as the turbo kicks in (sounds like a bearing, or maybe a gasket leak... hard to tell). Looking through threads, I'm thinking downpipe though. I've only driven it once since it had the exhaust manifold replaced, too. :keule:

Do Audi do "approved" checks on cars they're not selling? I want to just find someone who can make a list of everything that's about to go/needs replaced so I can figure a price and just get everything sorted in one go.

Could the fluttering maybe be a split dv? Or boost leak??

Read the fairly recent thread "Engine chirping noises on start up". If your noises are similar, get ready for another possible spend!!

Good luck!