1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i hate direct line

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by rickparmar, Jan 24, 2005.

1. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

As you know i had an accident, Fault claim, now they still want me to carry on paying my direct debits for the months remaining

Why should i carry on paying, there is no vechicle to insure

so am paying elephant 70 a month, now i have 2 carry on paying 57 2 sh!tty line,

What the hell do i do, there must be some loop holes or somthing, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
  2. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

Mmmmmmm. Know how you feel but I think thats the deal. I read on my Direct Line policy that the full premium is payable if you make a claim whilst paying monthly. Dont know if there is any way out of this one. I think they have you there!
  3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Yeah thats correct you can only cancel your policy and will only be liable for an administration charge if you have not claimed. Thats how i know it to the best of my knowledge. I hope maybe someone else may know something more which could help you rick, good luck buddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Member

I have used Directline for many years now and can honestly say they're one of the best insurance companies out there. I think most companies have this policy, so not just direct line 'doing' you.

On the plus side, I have had 2 claims from direct line, both for total losses. Both were paid in full less than 2 weeks after the claim. I think that is bloody good service!

My friend got crashed into just before Xmas and is still waiting for his **** company to sort things out with no end in sight.
    Trust me, direct line are godd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (Even though they don't like mods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)
  5. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

I had a williams clio insured with DL, the car was parked and some one drove into the side of it. First claim and pay my excess of £200. I renew my policy with DL, get a A3 T sport, excess is £200. I ring them up to change number plates, and then some one else smashs into the back of it while parked. They then say my excess is £450. Work that one out. I then go with Elephant and guess what... Yeah another claim, but with an actual person in another car, this now gets messy, we both point the finger at each other and this has not been resolved since March 2004. At least my excess with Elephant was only £150. The moral is hate insurance companys!
  6. Ade_D

Ade_D Member

Have to agree as well. DIrect line were the cheapest and fantastic and very fast on the 2 times that i've had to claim. I too have been with them for the last 6 years or so...They alway's seem to be one of the cheapest as well.... Even with my mods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif but i am an old git now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ade
  7. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

ok i have been a bit harsh towards direct line, they have been good to me, sorted the claim out quick and gave my wheels back

Now let me try and get my spoiler back
  8. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    My brother used to work for direct-line and it sounds correct, theyve paid out on a policy where the premium isnt fully paid up, a quick note. Try Tesco car insurance (its run by direct line on behalf of tesco under their name and premiums are a little cheaper!)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Tesco is always around 2-10 pounds more expensive than directline for me, but they have the advantage of throwing total incompetance into the equation! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was with Tesco for a year. Never again!!

You would think that they would be as good as directline since they are owned by them, but Tesco were always totally useless for me and everyone else I know who have used them AVOID!
  9. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

its weird

The royal bank of scotland

own
    Tesco
    Direct line
    Churchill
    Natwest

and it still works out more thank elephant

Even tho am staff
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif