1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got a print out of my car specs from Audi..

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by dieselfitter251, Sep 17, 2008.

1. dieselfitter251

dieselfitter251 Blow ma own trumpet?

:uhm:

...Say's I've got heated wahser jets and heated mirrors. How would these be normaly operated, by the rear window demister switch? I'm not entirely sure but i think these original fittings may be missing from the car... Is there any way (by generally taking things to bits / fuse box) to find out what was / is standard equipment on the car?
    Cheers again!
  2. Adam-D

Adam-D Member

my car has wire going to the jets, i dont know how to turn em on either
    i could read te manual, ... lol
  3. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

I think they come on automatically, when the temp goes below 5 degrees and when you have the rear window heater on for the mirrors.
  4. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

^^^^^^ What he said
  5. Adam-D

Adam-D Member

cool something i dont need to worry about then :)
  6. GSB1

GSB1 Member

Early cars did not have the mirror thermostats originally, not sure when the change was (after '98 though). Subsequently the mirrors in many earlier cars are burnt out due to excessive (and unintentional to an extent) use.
  7. TFSI

TFSI Born to Fish

My 2008 A3 has a separate position on the mirror adjust switch for mirror heating only and the heated washer jets are automatic and standard on all models are they not ?
  8. dieselfitter251

Hmm. I think then the mirrror must be burnt out.... Also got an Anti Rodent System.....WOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
  9. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

what is the anti rodent system lol?
  10. dieselfitter251

I've had a look and I honestly believe it's for real. It's a kind of electric fence that either works on UHF sound or electric shocks to stop vermin chewing the exposed nibbley bits underneath the car.... break lines, wiring etc..... http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/au/A4Q/1997/157/57/1781192/
  11. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Really, now thats new, got an image of the button as usually the heated mirrors are auto & controlled via rear dimister aswell

as for if working or not, just start engine turn on rear dimister & wait 1-2 minutes & feel the mirrors see if warm, if not then you have an issue, you could stick a meter on the mirror wires to check for voltage when dimister turned on, should see it straight away so this would help when diagnosing, also some mirrors if wires are wrong way round dont heat, so could also swap them round & test

Heated jets are auto but doesnt help when the bloody water bottle is frozen, good thinking audi, lol