1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Fitted clarion headunit and the rear speakers don't work? help

technics100 Jul 2, 2005

1. technics100

technics100 Member

I have just removed my concert II headunit and fitted a clarion Mp3 headunit. now that I have fitted the unit, the rear speakers don't work. I think the rear speakers are active/powered, does anyone know how to get them to work with my headunit? my headunit unit has 2 pre-outs if that helps?

cheers

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Either wire the rear pre-outs into the mini-ISO block using the RCA-Mini-ISO adapter, or wire up the rear speaker outs straight to the rear speakers and by-pass the useless Audi amp
    RCA adapter

3. technics100

technics100 Member

i dont suppose you know how to wire the connector?

4. AndyMac

The diagram's on top of the old Concert II HU. The connections you want are RR, LR, COM & switch (remote on)
    Looks like this:
    [​IMG]

5. technics100

technics100 Member

will this work

[​IMG]

I am just going to connect the switch to the other switch on the top of the connector.

6. That looks fine

7. technics100

technics100 Member

Good stuff, will give it a go later.

Does the active speaker actually have an amp? or what is actually in the rear?

8. 4 channel amp, I'm not a 100% certain without looking at the diags, but it may be better to connect all 4 line outs to the amps, rather than just the two.

Craig

9. AndyMac

Bose has a 4ch amp, non Bose just a 2 ch rear amp

10. technics100

technics100 Member

anyone know the specs for the rear amp / speakers. Yeah it just runs the rears as the front speakers work fine and run from the normal iso connector..

11. AndyMac

a massive 2 x 20w