1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i feel like i have been properly done over by "amd"

Discussion in 'Sales Questions' started by 4rings, Dec 20, 2011.

1. 4rings

4rings Member

[Dec 20, 2011]
    well what can i say. it really angers me in a way. i will tell you the story from the start

i had a stage 1 remap from amd in woking. i found there website along with all the other amd retailers (including amd in essex) @ www.amdtechnik.com

so i thought thats great i will go to amd in woking and have a stage 1 remap and then i can go to any other amd dealer in the uk and have my stage 2 done cheaper than the first remap as i was told when i rang up they will do the stage 2 at any amd dealer for half price.

when i went to amd woking the people there were fine. but wasnt impressed at the fact they didnt have a rolling road and that they were willing to fit my car with a forge split-r valve when we all no there not very good at all. but i thought not to worry "amd is amd" and when i want a stage 2 remap i can go to amd in essex where i now no they have a rolling road e.t.c and as they are part of the amd group they will do a stage 2 for me at £150 not the £300 normal price.

so i have a fault wiht my boost fluctuation and there is a slight possibility it is a mapping fault done by amd in woking. so i ring you guys up and all i get down the phone is "amd woking are nothing to do with us" well hang on a sec why is your site listed along with all the other amd dealers in the uk???? surely it should be taken off amdtechnik's website immediatly. its false advertising

at the end of the day it's still amd's name above all the doors. and i felt like you were not willing to help me at all. when its not my fault there is a law suit going on between the 2 of you.

so i have a amd remapped car which is POSSIBLY a faulty map and another £300 bill for a rolling road.

sorry amd. im less than impressed
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 20, 2011]
    OK. Hear what you're saying and very much sympathise you feel you are not getting the service you should be entitled to, but I have a couple of questions to ask:

1) Did you ask AmD Woking that the map would offer you universal cover to switch between outlets?
    2) Who suggested you put the split R valve on there?
    3) Is the map you have an AmD remap?
    4) Have they done any fault finding on the map for you (data logging can be done whilst driving, you don't always have to do it on RR)

I'd always assumed AmD were a joined up business, not a group of franchises, but that aside they do have many happy customers on here, particularly Essex branch.

Is there any reason you haven't been back to Watford with this?
  4. 4rings

4rings Member

[Dec 20, 2011]

ok i'll answer your questions firslty.

yes i was told another remap would be at half price at any amd branch.......

i asked for the split-r valve to be fitted but lets be fair it common knowledge there a wrong choice and anybody in the no would suggest a oo7p as there the correct choice.....

the map i have is a stage 1 @ amd in woking (but amd essex will not want anything to do with it as amd essex and amd woking hate each other and are going through a law suit

i have had it data logged by my freind with vagcom. there are no fault codes and the graph show the car to be pretty perfect. when clearly when you drive it...........it isnt.

i rang woking and they said it could be a sticky actuator or an air leak

but to be fair i have had a decat fitted and need another remap anyway so in my thinking is i have a remap and i kill 2 birds with 1 stone. i will have a remap which i need and also it will enliminate the possibilty of a faulty map and there for i can write it of as a possibility to all my problems
  5. warren_S5

[Dec 20, 2011]
    If I were you I'd head to Woking and see whether they can help. I know it's not ideal, but give them a chance to put you right. Poor show if Essex can't help you, but I guess that's the risk of the franchise model.

Feel for you as you've become a casualty of circumstances outside your control which isn't ideal.

Maybe something can be negotiated, but best to give AmD a chance to comment I guess.
  6. S.line

S.line Member

[Dec 20, 2011]
    Is the engine temperature constantly at 90? This can effect performance quite a bit! Strange but true. I had my last Audi remapped and it was great but then the temp started fluctuating. A new stat n all was mint. Nothing to do with this but just shows a tiny thing can do alot.

Idgo to Woking n see if they can sort it first.
  7. 4rings

4rings Member

[Dec 20, 2011]
    hi s.line no the temp stays at 90 constantly. but thanks for the info because its little things like that that do mage big differences.

ye i will give amd a chance to comment. but amdtechniks website, amd woking and essex along with all the other dealers are under 1 website. if amd essex were nothing to do with it. why is there name and contact details e.t.c still on that web adress.

and im dissapointed that amd essex wont offer discount on for another remap and help me with this fault when there is a possibility its the map at fault.
  8. warren_S5

[Dec 21, 2011]
    In 99% of cases the remap Turns out to be OK, and it's the car that has an issue. Been having cars mapped for years, and the only cases I've seen where it is the map is if the load the wrong version of the map on the car (recently someone had an outdated map put on an S3 8P).

I'd take the car to them and get them to check it for fault diagnosis, it may cost 1/2 to 1 hour labour but I'm pretty much convinced it will be one of the usual suspect issues.

Then once you know I suggest you make some choices about where you go in future depending on service you get. You can always vote with your feet at the end of the day.
  9. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Dec 21, 2011]
    Good Afternoon,

I have had a chat with the person you spoke to here at AmD Essex and at no point did he say we hate each other but we do have an issue over control of the AmDTechnik.com website. We are seperate companies, they and these other "dealers" are not associated with us, AmD Essex in anyway.

For this reason we solely promote our company AmDtuning.com and AmDEssex.com.

You phoned us yesterday to enquire about stage 2 and you didn't want to go back to AmD Woking, which we first suggested. We would again suggest that the first port of call would be the company you have first dealt with.

As we said yesterday we are more than happy for you to bring the car to us and we can fault check it for you and let you know what we think the issue is.

Regards,

Ben @ AmD Essex.
  10. 4rings

4rings Member

[Dec 21, 2011]

so why is your name/adress e.t.c under the same branch of companies as all the rest of the amd dealers???? at www.amdtechnik.com it says NOTHING on that website to suggest you are not part of them. if the dealers are not associated with you then get your name off that website!!! because to everyone at the monment it looks like you are.

and now im left with a "possible" faulty map and i have to pay full whack for another stage 2 remap @ £300 when i have alredi had a stage 1 at amd at that cost already. not to mention another £60 per hour for fault diagnostics.
  11. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

[Dec 21, 2011]
    I can't go into the in's and outs of what is actually going on with amdtechnik.com but that doesn't effect your car? At the moment, we have no control over that website.

What you are "left with" is the option to go to Woking and let them address your issues and if you don't wish to do that (which is completely your choice) you can bring the car here and we can diagnose the issues for you. Until we see the car I have no idea what the problem is? I don't even know what car you have at the moment.

If you have a problem with a service offered by Woking then they should be your first place to try and I am sure they will get this sorted for you?

If you have no joy, or if you wish to come to us, we can check the cars diagnostics and inform you of the issues? We would not charge you for this.

Let me know what you would like to do?

Regards

Ben @ AmD Essex
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    ryanstewart9 likes this.
  12. 4rings

4rings Member

[Dec 21, 2011]
    i would like to take the car to you and have this fault diagnosed asap really. could you please ring me on 07583186169. and i will book it in with you.

thanks
  13. S.line

S.line Member

[Dec 21, 2011]
    Ben that's good customer service that mate. Well done 👍
  14. 4rings

4rings Member

[Dec 21, 2011]
    ok just like to conclude as to whats going on.

ben did ring me and was willing to do my car this saturday which lets be fair. you cant ask no more than that especially as its xmas eve. but i said to bring it in to them next week as i have all week of and didnt realise they were open until i went on there website. "amdtuning" NOT "amdtechnik".

so next thursday they are doing a fault diagnostics on my car to find out what is wrong with it once and for all. for free which like s.line said is excellent customer service.

oh and just a little reminder...........amd in woking happily fitted a forge split-r valve to my car. amdtuning aka amdessex......would not fit one of these to a customers car. as ben said earlier. and that in itself says alot.

thanks to ben@amd for politness and co-operation
  15. 4rings

4rings Member

[Jan 1, 2012]
    went to amd and the car was looked at they were all very helpfull and polite. and we got to see the british touring car :)

fault wasnt actually found. but they didnt go into it in depth the car was reported to be running ok so had a stage 2 remap which has seem to of made the boost fluctuation better :)