1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't appear to have a seatbelt warning light on my 02 S3...

its_neil Jul 29, 2010

1. its_neil

its_neil Member

Only just noticed this after having the car 6 months! I've looked on various diagrams and there should be a light on the speedo but I don't appear to have one...

Could a bulb have blown? Is there a way of doing a cluster check without VAG COM?

Another random thing is that my alarm doesn't make a bleep when I arm/disarm - only flashes the lights... is this right?

2. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Seems right to me, my s3 doesnt have a seatbelt warning light, would p*ss me off it it did lol, think you have to use vag com for a audible sound when arming the alarm!

3. finesse

finesse Active Member

I don't either, I am sure a member can confirm it can be activated via VCDS.....?

4. Dani_B19

still selling the s3 finesse?

5. finesse

finesse Active Member

I just could not do it Dani :(

6. Dani_B19

You know you love it that's why, haha.

7. mk1chopper

mk1chopper Missing the S3

S3 doesnt have a seat belt warning light due to the reacro seats, I think it mentions it in the handbook that the seatbelt warning is not fitted to all models

8. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

Ive not got it either.

9. finesse

finesse Active Member

I did not know I liked the car that much until I decided to sell it.

Is it possible to turn on;

Low fuel beep?
    headlights still on beep?
    door open beep?

10. Dani_B19

Ive got headlight beep on and fuel level beep on, not door beep though.

11. mk1chopper

mk1chopper Missing the S3

I've got bleeps for low fuel and headlights, but not doors I dont think, I know the DIS displays which door is open cant remember if it bleeps or not.

12. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

I dont think you can get the door open beep, but i have the petrol and lights beep working.

Was meaning to mention the seatbelt thing a while ago, as when I had the car scanned it lit up and I mentioned then, that I didnt know the car had that, as it doesnt come on.

Maybe it does need to be programmed, but it dont really make a difference, as I always have my belt on :)