I decided to clean my injectors ( after seeing the results on here )

S3 Paul

Reaction score
As above, i saw the results and from reading how good the car felt after i decided to do mine ...
I followed a great guide on here ( i think it was S3dave) great help by the way,
My injectors looked slightly diffrent to the ones pictured...
DSC02886.jpg

I had to do them a number of times as the dirt in the water was shocking !
DSC02887.jpg

DSC02889.jpg

Anyway... i refitted them and before i tested the car i decided to look for the dreaded boost leak i knew i was running with...
This turned out the be on the FMIC pipework,
The Big Mikla ( maybe spelt wrong ) hose clamps i had used have been binned off as everywhere i had one... it was leaking !
On the road tests that followed i was so happy to have the S3 i remember back with me !
Faster, smoother. much improved

Nice J, I have been meaning to do my injector for ages, imagine the difference on a 99 reg car it the same injectors in for the last 135K lol

I did mine a fortnight ago and the crap that came out was amazing, took 4 goes through the cleaner until the water remained clear. Have now done over 1000 miles since and my economy has risen from 28 around town to 31, and on a motorway trip from 31 to 36 and I'm delighted such a big difference car feels smoother and costing less to fuel is a bonus, This is definately a recomended job for anyone with a 10 year old S3

To be honest the car didnt feel as "fast" but the speedo said otherwise, I think its down to the car been smoother. The economy ... is slightly better but im busy playing with the lost horses now they are back ! lol

I removed mine recently after 206k in the car, and they were SERIOUSLY ****ty.

5 runs through the cleaner at 5 minutes per time, with James Sea Clean solution too, and the difference was incredible.

Smooth idle, smoother power delivery, and far better economy.

I couldn't recommend it enough! So worthwhile.

I changed my seals too.
I used the cleaning solution for the first couple of runs then just warm water to follow

Reactions: Stuk
I really wanna do this.. Any recommendations on what cleaner to use? Seen a few ultrasonic ones, but is there a specific one?

I really wanna do this.. Any recommendations on what cleaner to use? Seen a few ultrasonic ones, but is there a specific one?
Maybe ask someone near you who has one ;)

Hey Jase, maybe we could have an ultrasonic meet at yours, obviously I will get the beers in and Jo can bring the food :)

I'll bring the monopoly board! :D and a few beers! Shotgun the car in monopoly!

Yeah i did this on mine when i got the car. They were pretty filthy but i was lucky as my Dad already had one of these ultrasonic cleaners.

Put back together all clean and runs nice and smooth

i need to do this but it seems pointless to buy a cleaner just to do my injectors once.
maybe someone in the Northwest has one i can hire for a beer lol :icon_thumright:

im in the same boat as dannyh, i feel i should get this done as car has hit 100k.

but i thinks its pointless in buying an ultrasonic cleaner, that i will use just the once. maybe again in a few years time.

so if there is anyone in the oxford area with one, :) would be much appreciated.

OR is the a cheap one i could buy? any recomendations??

I bought a cleaner as i had my twin 40 webber carbs to clean, Im in sheffield if somebody wants to come over and use mine.

5 runs through the cleaner at 5 minutes per time, with James Sea Clean solution too, and the difference was incredible.

where do you get the ultrasonic cleaner bath from?

mine was from maplins. as with everything, when i decide... i want everything NOW lol

Going to buy a cleaner and have a crack :)

Got to be worth 25 bucks, everything in the flat will be getting cleaned :D

anyone in the cheltenham/south london area who wouldnt mind lending me their cleaner?

got my eye on a unit we purchased at work but was too small, might have to borrow it on a long term loan lol think its self heating also

on the subject prawn, do you have such a device your self and do you like beer? . . I think you may see where I'm goin with this :icon_thumright:

i need to do this but it seems pointless to buy a cleaner just to do my injectors once.
maybe someone in the Northwest has one i can hire for a beer lol :icon_thumright:

I have mate. I also have injector seals! I'm by Chester :)

Might I suggest its worth creating a list of members with ultrasonic cleaners that are willing to help other members out by cleaning injectors in return for beers/first born daughter etc ??

Im near Plymouth if anyone needs it doing and have about 80 seals left (out of 100) and happy to help anyone out thats local.

Nige