1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot believe the Inland Revenue...

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by voorhees, Sep 24, 2011.

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 24, 2011]
    get so much flak they are top peeps in my book :yahoo:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. voorhees

4. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

[Sep 24, 2011]
    Very nice, make sure you treat yourself to something with that money.

My view of them is slightly different, due to the fact that the computer system they use is not up to the task.

I have had 12 new tax code letters in 6 months. One minute I owe them nothing, two weeks later I owe them £2000, and it just goes back and forward. Every time I have to phone them and every time they cannot tell me why it keeps doing this.

I owe them nothing. They know I owe them nothing. But every couple of weeks I get a computer generated letter saying that my tax code is changing to K something (which is negative allowance) as I owe them money for having a company car. I don't have a company car.

My salary goes up, then down, as they send a new tax code to my employer each time they send me a letter.

I work for one employee, have done for 25 years, I am PAYE, I have no complicated tax affairs. And yet all I get is hassle!

My tax office is in some northern town that is too far for me to bother driving to, otherwise I would personally visit them with all my letters and ask them to pay me to have private treatment for stress.

Anyway, as I say, enjoy your cheque!
  5. Ads

Ads License to drive

[Sep 24, 2011]
    They over charged you in tax, earned interest on it which they will keep, and then months later paid you back what should've been yours in the first place.... and that makes them top people?

I tell you what... next time just send me a grand so I can do what I want with it, and I'll give it back to you this time next year. :yes:
  6. voorhees

[Sep 24, 2011]
    Thanks for spoiling my joy...which car do you detest ?
  7. Ads

Ads License to drive

[Sep 24, 2011]
    Yeah I was a bit of a kill joy, wasn't I.

I agree, it is a nice feeling getting the money back. I got £1200 back earlier this year and was over the moon. ;)
  8. voorhees

[Sep 24, 2011]
    Interest rate on 400 quid over twelve months...I drive an Audi (bought at the stealers) so I think I can handle it Ads ;)