1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am thinking of converting 2.0 gear driven oil pump to 1.9 pump......

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Bald man, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Bald man

Bald man Member

[Aug 25, 2013]
    It seems that this is the best way to do it I have been told, I do not know if that is correct.

The options are

1. Replace gear driven hex with longer hex from Audi with correctly centred parts
    2. Power max option
    3. Convert to 1.9 oil pump set up

Now I have saved my penny's and I understand that a conversion can be done to the 1.9 oil pump on the basis that that was bullet proof I am considering that. However I am told ???? That they have to drill a hole in engine ?????

So the question is this, hopefully for people in the know rather than those guessing, what have you had done to guard against failure and by who, who would you recommend.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member

[Aug 26, 2013]
  4. Bald man

Bald man Member

[Aug 26, 2013]
    Sorry mate, I have read the thread sometime ago, hence saving to have some remedial work done before the Big Bang, must have forgotten that you had mentioned KMB, they are local to me so that would be good aswell.

The long thread now has 991 replies, again I be a pain what would you recommend at KMB, have you had any work done there ?

I am now just going to go and scan the 991 posts and see if I can find yours, cheers for responding
  5. Bald man

Bald man Member

[Aug 26, 2013]
    Read the thread and for d your posts, so you brought the parts from KMB and had them fitted elsewhere, where did you get them fitted and what was the cost.

I am keen to get it done, but want it done by someone who has done the job before and knows what they are doing.
  6. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Aug 26, 2013]
    Hi, i have fitted a Power Max upgraded shaft and whilst satisfactory, i was not very impressed with their work in report with the price- £350 is a lot of dosh for pressing a 5 quid bush and a little drilling ! It also retains the short drive which means the drive will still wear but at a slower rate.
    The best is the audi balancer shaft but it's very, very pricey.
    1.9Tdi conversion is very good but give's slight vibrations on idle compared with the balancer shaft assembly ! I would only do it if you want to bomb proof the car for ever, for me the replacement hex drive IF replaced every 40-50k is more than good enough !
  7. Bald man

Bald man Member

[Aug 26, 2013]
    Thanks for that, as the car is on finance and I will have it for a while I think I am going to go with the 1.9 conversion, any idea how they do it and what is involved ?
  8. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member

[Aug 26, 2013]
  9. Bald man

Bald man Member

[Aug 26, 2013]
    Yes please, I would be grateful, where abouts is he