1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am close to killing my Audi dealer techs...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by monty77, Dec 21, 2004.

1. monty77

monty77 Member

[Dec 21, 2004]
    What the f*ck are they on???

Booked car in as the CEL was lit. VAG-COM says code was a 'System lean bank 1 mult trim error', MAF was showing low air flow at high revs - my diganosis = MAF knackered. It's under warranty so thought I'd let them do it.

They just called me to say that whilst they agree that the MAF is now flowing correct air the CEL is lit due to aftermarket DV (AMD recirc type) and Samco TIP. Now as we all know this is complete BS but here comes the best bit. I told them a pipe was a pipe and that it couldn't possibly be the cause but if they inisted I would let them fit a std DV but they say it wont fit to a non-std TIP....WHAT THE F*CK ARE THEY ON ?!?!

Can someone point me in the direction of an Audi dealer in sussex who do not employ cretins as techs ??

....and breathe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Dec 21, 2004]
    Don't bother with the w4nkers. Buy a new MAF (£90 xchange) and when it sorts the problem, hit them for the bill. Try getting your chip tuner to ring the tech's and explain than a TIP or DV will not cause this to happen!

Ignorant fools!
  4. monty77

monty77 Member

[Dec 21, 2004]
    They dont know it's chipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

...but if they dont play ball then I'm quite happy for things to get messy - I love a fight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Are there any official documents available on the web that go into why the DV or pipe couldn't be to blame?

A
  5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 21, 2004]
    I would take the car to another dealer to see if someone else could help. Gotta be worth a try?

Rich.
  6. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Dec 21, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    monty77 said:

...but if they dont play ball then I'm quite happy for things to get messy - I love a fight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Are there any official documents available on the web that go into why the DV or pipe couldn't be to blame?

A

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not that i know of. Some tech's only know how to replace items which look alien to them im affraid. If you try speaking to the Service manager and try reasoning with him and offer to pay for the MAF if it doesn't cure it ect.

The fact that the diagnostic has flagged a faulty maf ahould be enough. How could a diffent TIP have any negative effect for christ sake? You DV may be faulty though or need cleaning??? BTW you havn't been running an oiled airfilter have you? try cleaning inside the MAF and see if that cures it!
  7. monty77

monty77 Member

[Dec 21, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    nervus said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    monty77 said:

A

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not that i know of. Some tech's only know how to replace items which look alien to them im affraid. If you try speaking to the Service manager and try reasoning with him and offer to pay for the MAF if it doesn't cure it ect.

The fact that the diagnostic has flagged a faulty maf ahould be enough. How could a diffent TIP have any negative effect for christ sake? You DV may be faulty though or need cleaning??? BTW you havn't been running an oiled airfilter have you? try cleaning inside the MAF and see if that cures it!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's under Audi approved warranty .. they're still telling me the DV is causing it. I've explained I'll happily replace with stock DV and TIP if they want me to prove a point but I'd invoice them for a rental car while I take the car off the road to make the changes.

..just had a call to say they'll swap the MAF and say no more about the DV/TIP, another dealer next time methinks...

Adam
  8. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Dec 21, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    monty77 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    nervus said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    monty77 said:

A

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's under Audi approved warranty .. they're still telling me the DV is causing it. I've explained I'll happily replace with stock DV and TIP if they want me to prove a point but I'd invoice them for a rental car while I take the car off the road to make the changes.

..just had a call to say they'll swap the MAF and say no more about the DV/TIP, another dealer next time methinks...

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad they are gonna sort it. Some people havn't got a clue have they???
  9. monty77

monty77 Member

[Dec 23, 2004]
    Update!

They swapped the MAF this morning (marked the old one just to make sure they did it) and it feels like a different car! I suddenly have acceleration >3k revs and it feels like a hot hatch again, this is before I turn the Revo back on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I can only describe the car before as feeling like it didn't have a turbo....

Will get it on VAGCOM at the weekend to check for codes but fingers crossed !

Cheers,
    Adam