1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperlinks

Discussion in 'Site Support & Announcements' started by tompearson, Feb 25, 2010.

1. tompearson

tompearson It's all in bits

[Feb 25, 2010]
    Hyperlinks always show up as plain text for me until I mouse over them. Is there a setting I need to change to make them move obvious (can't seem to find it if so), or just the way the forums are set up?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 25, 2010]
    The way the forum is setup I'm afraid, I have made my links bold and coloured them in red myself, like THIS
  4. tompearson

tompearson It's all in bits

[Feb 25, 2010]
    Ok, thanks for the reply.
  5. batwad

batwad Member

[Apr 15, 2010]
    This is an utterly useless set up and makes it a complete PITA to link to anything. Fortunately if you're using Firefox you can override the site's styles so that hyperlinks show up again.

Have a read of this blog post about the userContent.css file you need to create: http://coreygilmore.com/blog/2008/10/23/per-site-custom-css-in-firefox/

Then put this fragment at the top of the file:
    Code:
    @-moz-document domain(audi-sport.net) {
     .postrow a, .block a {
      text-decoration: underline !important;
      color: blue !important;
     }
    }
    Restart Firefox and links will be blue and underlined once more! It covers most of the forum post functions I've quickly looked at.

jojo: can I suggest you modify the sites stylesheets to restore standard link style so everyone doesn't have to do this workaround manually?
  6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 15, 2010]
    I don't have the power unfortunately, but I will pass it onto the admins ok.

J.