Hydroblast water injction system

dbm

Reaction score
Hello all,

has anyone tried using this system (or anything similar) with the 1.8T engine?

Ta,
Dan

yes i have aquimist water injection - what would u like to know

Is it any good? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif What are the pro's and con's in your opinion?

Ta,
Dan

Jabba installed a boost controller and had tried to run a little more boost on the highest setting but the car didn't want to know - it was actually producing less power on the higher boost...
so it was suggested that i try aquimist water injection - had a chat with Dialynx and they installed it about 6 weeks ago, its the basic kit with smallest injectors set to kick around 0.8 bar

Produced 374bhp after compared to 360bhp
that was with mainly 95 ron and no octane booster

Wow. What engine was that with?

Did the installation have a seperate water resevoir or did it use the screenwash bottle?

What power 'should' the engine have been producing before the system was fitted? The reason I ask is my engine should be producing about 270bhp (1.8t) but I can only register about 230bhp on a RR, and water injection was suggested as a way of making the system more reliable.

Thanks,
Dan

A 1.8t with an IHI conversion - its an AGU engine code with the larger port head that produces a bit more power

Water injection would certainly help produce a better result on a rolling road, keep the temps down and stop the engine reducing boost becuause of heat build up - who's remap have you got - i've seen 250 ish for poeple expecting 270 but 230 is a big drop

Do you guys know if this could be installed on a B5 S4? Where can I find some (since I have two intercoolers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)?

G

Im going to be installing the aquamist kit on my A3 shortly!
It can be installed on any car!

Rich

dbm, surely you should be looking for the cause of the problem? I'm fairly certain others on here have managed close to 270 with the changes you have. Sounds like you need to fix whatever is wrong rather than adding more things to bring it up. Just my 2p.

Maybe try checking things like the MAF, coil packs etc.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Mine goes on thursday. I'll report back when it's done.

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:
running an s3 one rich. About £120 from the dealers. Don't buy the one with the tank level switch. It's more expensive, and you just chuck the extra bits away.
Bills car + jabbas demo melted some internals when going for top speed runs. ie high flow for sustained period lead to pressure drop off from the pump. Lean mixture-BANG!

Worth changing just for peace of mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude.. will do that shortly. How much of a job is it to change? Piece of P*ss i imagine!?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

JBS did mine for me, but it looked like you just block off one of the inlets (s3 has 2 tanks), and use the original level switch. Looked fairly straightforward to me. Lets fase it, you fitted the turbo yourself, how hard could it be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:
running an s3 one rich. About £120 from the dealers. Don't buy the one with the tank level switch. It's more expensive, and you just chuck the extra bits away.
Bills car + jabbas demo melted some internals when going for top speed runs. ie high flow for sustained period lead to pressure drop off from the pump. Lean mixture-BANG!

Worth changing just for peace of mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude.. will do that shortly. How much of a job is it to change? Piece of P*ss i imagine!?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

JBS did mine for me, but it looked like you just block off one of the inlets (s3 has 2 tanks), and use the original level switch. Looked fairly straightforward to me. Lets fase it, you fitted the turbo yourself, how hard could it be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tis a good point.. The only thing im not going to touch for fear of f*cking it up is the cambelt!

Cheers

Rich

Is it running all the time or is there a switch as i hav never seen one of these systems before.

Thanks

No probs dbm, think I missed your point there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The people I spoke to told me that the aquamist system could fail if the pump was allowed to run without any water in it, whilst the hydroblast system was more robust and wouldn't suffer this problem.

Might be worth looking into this before committing to one or the other.

Cheers,
Dan

Just read that it looks very good.
I would really like to know the improvements to anyone that has had it fitted to a Turbo Audi. As i am searching for more mods and not finding many that i can do.