Hybrid turbo my tdi 140

Tomwebb

A3 2.0 tdi s line 170
Reaction score
Website
www.tomwebbphotographer.com
So I'm thinking my turbo is about to die and I really want a remap. So the hybrid I can't get for £500 but what other things will I NEED? I would be happy around 190-200bhp.

Turbo dynamics stage 2 - £500
Remap - amd £400
boost hoses?
miltec?

There's a member on here called tdi140 he's got a pretty sweet setup on his tdi140 he's done recently so he might be able to help :D

Reactions: TDI140
You don't NEED anything, it'll run on the standard map and components.

However, to get the best out of it due to different spool rates it should have a custom map where a decat to prevent any high temperature pressures building in the hot side would be a good thing.

No need for intercoolers, injectors, boost hoses, custom exhausts etc

Reactions: NHN
custom map and a hybrid turbo will get ya 200bhp easy. 225bhp will need a uprated clutch. if you getting a map remove egr valve as well. dont need hoses intercooler injectors.

i would fit a full miltek system as well .

Turbo dynamics stage 2 - £500

TD stage 2 for £500, damn is that new as they don't sell the that cheap.

custom map and a hybrid turbo will get ya 200bhp easy. 225bhp will need a uprated clutch. if you getting a map remove egr valve as well. dont need hoses intercooler injectors.

i would fit a full miltek system as well .

Doesn't need a full milltek at all, waste of money imho & clutch will be fine for a while unless its already worn in, maybe a decat but I run as stock with hybrid stage 2 & it is fine.

Awesome thanks for the info guys, im well excited! The hybrid is from a user on the forum done around 7k, labour is free as my step dads a mechanic which allways helps lol

Going from a bog standard tdi with dead boost to 200bhp hybrid with remap!

I've got a heavy foot so I think the clutch will be first to go.

With regards to remaps, would you recommend a revo with their little tuning box or just a custom amd? Would the revo allow me to customise the map in future if I was to upgrade the exhaust, clutch etc?

My brakes are on the edge aswell so guessing that's another thing that will need to be sorted :(

I really want to keep it safe as I do about 1500 miles a month, hoping for better than 45mpg aswell ? :)

Im still on standard clutch so i dont know if clutch will die it all depends on your remap,
also is the turbo in the classifieds for £500 ? Is it really smart to buy a used turbo i say buy it and send for recondition to turbo dynamics just to be safe

mine does about 48mpg on motorway

so am i right in saying if you send away your turbo to turbo dynamics they will make it better and more powerful for the car

correct tell them what you want it to do

also speak to Elite Remaps as Turbo Dynamics are partners of there's and may be able to get a good deal.

my other half has got my old a3 1.9 tdi Quattro 130 with hybrid turbo and that runs at 188 bhp with hybrid turbo does have nos aswell but mid range torque so much better with hybrid all about torque

Last edited: