1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunter alignment--who to go too?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by mojocvh, May 25, 2014.

1. mojocvh

mojocvh Member

[May 25, 2014]
    Hi folks, looking to get the 1.8Tq checked. Can I ask a couple of questions?

1. Is their anywhere in Perth or Dundee area that do this [and importantly come with a forum recommendation]

2. Just as a matter of interest just what is adjustable on the Tq front and back?

thanks for taking the time etc

cheers

Mo.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. davc

davc Foursprung Duck Technik

[May 25, 2014]
    Kwik-fit use the Hunter system now, maybe check with them if your nearest branch has one.

I got mine done last weekend, £49 as the fronts were both out. It's a free check if it doesn't need done.
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 25, 2014]
    Yeh i just used kwikfit too. Theres probably better places, but they are local, open extended hours and arent too badly priced.

On the front the only thing thats adjustable is toe. Camber can sort of be adjusted, but only by shunting the subframe around to average out the error, and most places will refuse to do this.

On the rear, they can adjust toe and camber.
  5. foursprungdugtechnique

foursprungdugtechnique Member

[May 25, 2014]
    The place that used to be Donald Kirk, top of Crieff Road opposite McDairmid Park should be able to do the proper alignment. Possibly Target Tyres in Princes Street, Perth. Target left my steering wheel squint (said the thrust angle was wrong, it wasn't!) so wouldn't go there