1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HU from USA, will it work?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Smoke Breather, May 30, 2007.

1. Smoke Breather

Smoke Breather Member

I have been thinking of getting a new headunit for a while now. I've been looking a the single DIN Sat Nav/DVD type, the ones with the fold out screen and touch screen controls. At the moment the better ones of this sort all seem to retail at around the £1000 mark!
    Early next year I am of to Florida competing and was thinking of picking one up whilst I'm out there, but the big question is will it work in my car when I get back and will accessories bought over here work with it or will I have to get everything I want whilst I'm there?
    Sorry if this has been covered before, I have done a search but so far drawn a blank.
    Cheers All :)
  2. Emmo

Emmo Member

it will work but you will need a frequency expander if you listen to the radio.
  3. Smoke Breather

Smoke Breather Member

Cheers pal, looks like I'm gonna need a bit more spending money. I've thought about the tv tuner kits that are available for for these, will one form the states work ok or will I have to get one when I'm back home? And will a UK tv tuner work on a USA headunit?
  4. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

The US TV will be in NTSC format, the UK TV will be PAL.