Hpi Check - Mileage Anomolies

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning,

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me?
Im currently looking at replacing my girlfriends car (She has owned an MG ZR for 6 years! - its time it went), we have been looking at Renault Megane 225's, been to see a few and havent been happy with the condition of them, especially since she will most likely own it for 4+ years.

We decided to up the budget slightly and look for some with less mileage and in better condition.
Were travelling this evening to go and see one which is 1hr30min away so I decided to do a HPI check.
The HPI check clears apart from a "milage anomolies" - I have attached a screenshot below.
I spoke to the seller (private) who stated that he had never had it HPI checked so didnt know about it - he did one and it showed the same result.
He has looked back through the documentation, MOT's and service records correlate with no odd milage patterns.

From the report, it looks like something suspect went on on the 19/2/2008, but at the end of the report there are two matching dates with 800 miles inbetween milage.
Cant work out wether it should be something I should be concerned about or not?

If you ask me, just from looking at that, the mileage dated on 19/9/2007 is obviously the anomaly, I reckon that figure should have been 12 or 13k, then it would all make sense! Unless the owner in that period prior to 19/9/2007 has somehow managed to rack up 7k miles in little over 2 months?
It's not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Cheers - I was thinking along the same lines.
Contacted the HPI checker earlier and they confirmed it would be an input error - which they can ask to be removed by NMR.

Reactions: jojo