Hpfp problem

Adamj

Reaction score
Hi guys I had a hpfp internals fitted by Amd about 3 months ago, recently it a stage 2+ map by (rick at unicorn) top guy, anyway I was driving my car today and all of a sudden I lost power, pulled over as I was on the m1, and there was oil everywhere looked at my pump and all 3 bolts have completely snapped off, I managed to get it home, and noticed a little black bit had snapped off on the pump, what would have caused this? Il try and get pictures up later

Last edited:
Kind off need to mention what car it is what engine etc etc

You drove it home with the fuel pump knackered ? Did you change the cam follower when upgrading the insides ?

Sorry guys its a 2007 s3, eah the cam follower got replaced, the bit that snapped off seems to be off the top of the pump there's a little circular plastic which Half has snapped off

Yeah that's the one all 3 bolts snapped off what would have caused?

Here's some pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 124
Yeah that's the one all 3 bolts snapped off what would have caused?

Maybe the pump seized and was forced off did it pop the heads off the bolts or shear them
or suppose it could have come up against resistance maybe the internals broke up.
was typing as you put the pics up was it over tightened when fitted looks like you will need easy outs to remove them

Hopefully it was overtightened and not an internal failure,good call chillout

Il have to send to amd to check t out as I have no idea if any damage was done due to internals possibley failing

How would over tightening make the bolts snap?

Yes it could do especially as the are flush if a bolt for example was to snap at the back of a nut it would be due to all the tension being on the first thread.

Last edited:
Well il have to get some new bolts during the week but I want to send the pump there to check to see if the internals are ok

Hi adam i had the autotech from new with no problems in just over a year ,but i do hear good comments about the loba uprated pump....