1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoya lens filter any good?

willnabby Jul 26, 2008

1. willnabby

willnabby RS-one day soon!!

I've seen some hoya lens filters at a reasonable price, are they an ok brand?

2. Matt T

Matt T Bumble Bee

They are one of the best.

3. buckas

buckas Member

they make awesome stuff, love my new circular polariser :thumbsup:

drew

4. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

5. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

As above, Hoya are pretty much the dog's danglies :) You have to go a long way further (into your pocket) to get even slightly better.

There are other brands on the market that can give pretty decent results too, but Hoya are no-nonsense. The only real exception to that is something that Buckas touched-on; there aren't too many other manufacturers on the market who should tempt you away from Hoya for a polariser. I've seen a lot of these, and even some brands who you might be tempted to look at fall a long way short of Hoya. The Hoya ones give really fantastic contrast reproduction, and are very good at their other primary use (reflection cancellation) - some of the cheaper ones just dull a reflection somewhat, whereas their Hoya counterpart is often a lot more effective...

Regards,

Rob.

PS> Did you get that flash then bud?

6. willnabby

willnabby RS-one day soon!!

yeah but only got it last weekend funnily enough after been outbid on ebay on a few occasions I finally got an olympus FL-36 at a good price, I would have prefered the FL-50 but they nearly always came up out of budget, I've not really had time to have a good go with it yet & as usual I'm struggling with understanding all the settings etc:uhm: lol
    no doubt I'll be p m 'ing you for some advice soon lol.