How to???

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to setup the alarm/central locking on my car so that i can:

Have the windows automatically close when i lock the car rather than having to hold the lock button on my remote?

And how to have the alarm make an audible sound rather than just visual flash of the indicators?

I have a registered version of Vag com 311.2.

any help wil be greatly appreciated/

Regards,

Dan

This is for a TT but I think it's similar for an A6 as it is for my S4. The only difference on my S4 is that I have to go in to module 46 and not 35.

HERE

THanx for the info. have altered my alarm to 'hink horn when arming' however, its not the horn that makes a noise now, it's a little 'beep' noise from the REAR of my car??

Strange but at least it's audible as well as visual when arming the car.

Is there some more other little tricks out there that can be done with Vag com?

I've tried the pointer illumination only with ignition on but no joy as my car doesnt have the adjustable instrument cluster! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Think your self lucky you get the chirp and not the horn. On old A3/S3 cars it uses the horn and it sounds like a damp f4rt!

I'm not sure what else you can do. You could always try working your way through the A4/S4 settings but I really don't know if they'll work. Make a note of the original before you start!!

HERE

Cheers again scoTTy.

Looks a little complicated using the binary way or working out the code!

Will have a go and I've already made a note of the codes before i start to adjust / tweak a few things.

The chirp however, is very quiet, need to activate the alarm once ive armed it and see how or what noise it makes then!

Cheers.

Quick way to activate your alarm...

Run the output tests on the module...

It should go through some other checks first (including crash signal (the car will unlock doors, activate hazards and turn on interior lights automatically on detection of a crash - clever Fritz!)), then it'll sound your alarm...

Regards,

Rob.

Or put your arm in through the open window

or open the door with the key and wait 30 secs.

The sound of the alarm is very disappointing.

so can you get the windows to close fully when arming the system, or will it have to stay as it is; i.e. hold the lock button?

upto now, its still same old practice, holding the lock button until they're shut.

Working on it, will keep peeps posted but not looking to good

whoa whats all this VAG-COM, i never knew your could get stuff like this...but the prices are shocking...did you all *ahem* buy *ahem* this from? if anybody can help me out PM me, thanks.

JGrant1285 said:
whoa whats all this VAG-COM, i never knew your could get stuff like this...but the prices are shocking...did you all *ahem* buy *ahem* this from? if anybody can help me out PM me, thanks.

If you have one of the new models that use the CAN bus (8P platform for example) you have no choice but to buy it. You need the CAN cable and the software will only work with that official cable. Everybody can download the software from the Ross-tech site beacuse it is useless without the cable. I know it is kinda expensive, but I bought one anyway. I'd much rather pay for an official VAG-COM instead of forking out 60 Euros to a dealer (how dare they charge that kind of money for a 5 minute job!) each time I want some small setting changed. Now I can do it myself whenever I want.