1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by simon.m, May 12, 2011.

1. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

so as above i need to clean the wiers the run from the drivers door to the post but can seem to un plug the block any one no how to do it

thanks
    simon

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. mlody

mlody Member

Once you have the rubber piece off, there is a pink clip on the top of the connector, if it's on the drivers side then pull the clip towards you (towards the back of the car). That will take the plug out but it won't disconnect it. to Disconnect it, stick your finger behind the connector and look for a little 'button'. You'd be able to see it in the back door so you get the idea. It's located about half way down the plug

4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

thanks mate i see the pink part but looks like some one has been there before me and looks like its snaped its the part that goes to the post id like to unplug just so i can spray it with some cleaner

5. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

ok done so as mlody says there is a pink clip part that you click towards you but there is also a pinch kind of part on the back side of the block going into the piller part then the block just pulls out i did this as my drivers door has not been locking on and off and the window would not open or would open then not close and i no that the wiers can brake mine are ok any how the pins where a nice greeny coulor bit of clear and all seems well ;-)

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Sounds like you need to do us a photoguide Simon ;)

7. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

nope was more just as i no a few on here have that prob and most have said its the wiers broke and was just saying not always the way ;-)