1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to verify the mileage?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by bowser134, Mar 11, 2007.

1. bowser134

bowser134 New Member

[Mar 11, 2007]
    Went to see an S3 today after selling the TT last week...

Its an 02 plate with 50k on the clock, full Audi service history at Cardiff Audi. It's currently on sale from a private dealer who doesnt have the old MOT's. I know by looking at these and checking when the servicing was done you can get an idea if the mileage matches up. What else can i do to check because i cant do this?

Im going to do an HPI check through work but this works on the mileage when the car is serviced or when its MOT'd?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

[Mar 11, 2007]
    You can do bugger all in reality to ensure the mileage is correct

Alot of people have their car clocked just before each MOT so the mileage will tie up but be lower - just go on general condition of the car

The fact it has an audi service history says a fair bit for it, cant imagine you'd get raped for about 600 quid or a 150 quid job once a year by audi and clock the car too, probably too stupid to think of that, should be genuine enough
  4. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Mar 11, 2007]
    Also take anything that HPi tell you with a big pinch of salt. My car was 'clear' yet when I went to put a private plate on it 4 months later, DVLA had it on their computer as 'stolen'. HPI get their info from DVLA (amongst other sources). Work that one out.

IMO you are better spending the forty odd quid for an HPI check on a good night out.
  5. ash_s3

ash_s3 Active Member

[Mar 11, 2007]
    yeh i HPi'd mine before i bought it, came back all clear

found out a month ago it has finance against it, luckily i got it sorted pronto and its been taken off the HPi regiser now but could have been so much worse!
  6. M44 DUB

M44 DUB Member

[Mar 12, 2007]
    Mines also came back clear on HPI but has has a few bumps and bad repairs.
  7. RussUK

RussUK Member

[Mar 13, 2007]
    A lot of people have their car clocked before each MOT - nice

Ring Audi, there is a main number to check on the service history
  8. campbell

campbell Member

[Mar 13, 2007]
    my dad had the same problem with his van, asian guy showed him HPI certificate and it was all clear. when my dad went to the DVLA to enquiry about getting replacement keys because he lost them ......they told him to sit down and wait....then the cops turned up and arrested him ! typicall eh.

had to pay £2500 to get his van back but has a court case against this fukin idiot who sold him the van! i wont say anymore or il get called a racist
  9. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

[Mar 13, 2007]
    Again tho, if the car has been clocked every year it wont make any difference.
  10. RussUK

RussUK Member

[Mar 13, 2007]
    If someone goes through the trouble of clocking their car every year before a service and MOT they would have to be doing some serious mileage to warrant the trouble.

The servicing would show a lot of changed/worn parts, so I would look at the service history and the usual wear and tear of a high mileage car.