1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to unhook the plastic engine cover??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Defratos, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

The title pretty much explains my question, after taking out the screws, how does the plastic hood unhook from the back of the engine?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. There should be 4 or 5 plastic fixings, which you give a quarter turn, then it should pull off.

4. Defratos

plastic fixings on the back? ok so turn clock wise or anti? =)

5. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

"unscrew" ... a qtr turn, although i am sure that it doesnt actually matter which way they r turned.

6. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

On the S3, there are only 2 plastic screws at the front of the cover. Undo these and pull the cover towards you and it will slide clear of the 2 rear tounge's. you'll see them once removed, refitting is fiddly but not difficult.

7. NWMark

NWMark Member

[ QUOTE ]
    On the S3, there are only 2 plastic screws at the front of the cover. Undo these and pull the cover towards you and it will slide clear of the 2 rear tounge's. you'll see them once removed, refitting is fiddly but not difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what he said for the S3, fiddly to put back the first time but much easier if you need to do it again.

Mark

8. Defratos

Cool, thanks guys I've done it a couple of times now and know what you mean

9. eddyg

eddyg Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep you need a super gigantic flat blade screw driver and then turn the 5 secureing screws a 1/4 of a turn in either direction and they will simply pop up, simply revers procedure to reinstall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find small denomination coins work well if you need to do this when out bush. Handy for when your boot is full of **** and you need to disconnect the battery to reset your Symphony II which has crashed and hung /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Cheers,

Edward.

10. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yep you need a super gigantic flat blade screw driver and then turn the 5 secureing screws a 1/4 of a turn in either direction and they will simply pop up, simply revers procedure to reinstall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find small denomination coins work well if you need to do this when out bush. Handy for when your boot is full of **** and you need to disconnect the battery to reset your Symphony II which has crashed and hung /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Cheers,

Edward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the giant screwdriver is what I carry all the time now, along with just about every tool I need to stripdown the A3, but when I've forgotten the tools then I find the car key does the job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif