1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to unhook the plastic engine cover??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Defratos, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

[Jan 24, 2005]
    The title pretty much explains my question, after taking out the screws, how does the plastic hood unhook from the back of the engine?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. imported_micko2602

imported_micko2602 Guest

[Jan 24, 2005]
    There should be 4 or 5 plastic fixings, which you give a quarter turn, then it should pull off.
  4. Defratos

[Jan 24, 2005]
    plastic fixings on the back? ok so turn clock wise or anti? =)
  5. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

[Jan 24, 2005]
    "unscrew" ... a qtr turn, although i am sure that it doesnt actually matter which way they r turned.
  6. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Jan 26, 2005]
    On the S3, there are only 2 plastic screws at the front of the cover. Undo these and pull the cover towards you and it will slide clear of the 2 rear tounge's. you'll see them once removed, refitting is fiddly but not difficult.
  7. NWMark

NWMark Member

[Jan 26, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    On the S3, there are only 2 plastic screws at the front of the cover. Undo these and pull the cover towards you and it will slide clear of the 2 rear tounge's. you'll see them once removed, refitting is fiddly but not difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what he said for the S3, fiddly to put back the first time but much easier if you need to do it again.

Mark
  8. Defratos

[Jan 26, 2005]
    Cool, thanks guys I've done it a couple of times now and know what you mean
  9. eddyg

eddyg Member

[Jan 26, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yep you need a super gigantic flat blade screw driver and then turn the 5 secureing screws a 1/4 of a turn in either direction and they will simply pop up, simply revers procedure to reinstall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find small denomination coins work well if you need to do this when out bush. Handy for when your boot is full of **** and you need to disconnect the battery to reset your Symphony II which has crashed and hung /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Cheers,

Edward.
  10. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Jan 27, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yep you need a super gigantic flat blade screw driver and then turn the 5 secureing screws a 1/4 of a turn in either direction and they will simply pop up, simply revers procedure to reinstall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find small denomination coins work well if you need to do this when out bush. Handy for when your boot is full of **** and you need to disconnect the battery to reset your Symphony II which has crashed and hung /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Cheers,

Edward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the giant screwdriver is what I carry all the time now, along with just about every tool I need to stripdown the A3, but when I've forgotten the tools then I find the car key does the job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif