1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to turn off passenger airbag without glovebox switch 1999 apy s3?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by JUS3IN, Jul 28, 2013.

1. JUS3IN

JUS3IN silver sleeper

[Jul 28, 2013]
    hey all im guessing after a search with limited results i cant turn my front passenger airbag off with a switch. my girlfriend is pregnant and im in the process of convincing her the audi is safer than her suzuki jimny and arguing we should sell the jimny to save money. the thing is obviously its a three door, on top of that the passenger seat catch is broken and also she had a broken vertibrae from a climbing accident and this will make loading a child into the rear awkward to say the least.... ive read on another forum people turn them off using vag-com, well i have ross-tech same thing. can i use the same procedure and should i turn the seat bags off aswell?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Jul 28, 2013]
    You can disable passenger airbag with VCDS
  4. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 28, 2013]
    I enquirer with Audi, they said they could do it, but I need to sign a disclaimer that I wanted it done and that my car insurance could be void! That was 10 years ago though.... Lol

I've used the S3 as a family car occasionally, and it's not a great idea, 5 doors is my advice for a family car. 3 doors is damned hard work and you will have back issues for sure!