1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to removing interior trim and replace with s-line alu trim??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by rockstar, Sep 16, 2005.

1. rockstar

rockstar Member

[Sep 16, 2005]
    Hi all,been a long time since i last posted....babies etc...have a question regarding changing the plastic trim in my a4,have just ordered the s-line aluminium trim and i need instructions on how to remove the parts.

door trim on front and back doors is pretty easy,doesnt it just clip off and on ?

dashboard trim i havent a clue of? is it screwed in at some points,theres two pieces also one long piece and a small peice over the headlights switch,any ideas??

Also need to remove the front ashtray (rear is easy) there seems to be two bolts or something,and am not sure as to whether i need to remove the whole ashtray or just the top cover (trim hasnt arrived yet!) so need some clues

removing the gear stick cover part is easy but is it just a case of bending the clips to remove the leather gaitor so i can attach the new alu trim piece?

Hopefullysomeone has done all this and can shed some light on it or have diagrams!

thanx in advance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. gizze

gizze Member

[Sep 16, 2005]
    Ask uberblingmesiter in the A4 section of www.tyresmoke.net he will point you towards a write up he did for this.
  4. rockstar

rockstar Member

[Sep 16, 2005]
    cheers bud,had all ready posted there aswell,have searched but no luck,could be me just blind!
  5. m.attard@btinternet.com

m.attard@btinternet.com New Member

[Aug 13, 2006]
    Hello. Sorry but I can't find it as well. Anyone know where exactly to look?
  6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 13, 2006]
    Yes front & back door trim is just clipped, but it is hooked at the door hinge end, so start at the back and work forwards
  7. Arf

Arf Member

[Aug 19, 2006]
    how much did u pay for ur trim mate av bn thinkin of changing to silver but cnt find it cheap anywhere