1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove black marker pen from paintwork?

imported_lewiscsfb Nov 16, 2004

1. Have a friend whose car was vandalised at the weekend. They drew a big line down it with black marker pen. Said I would ask here if anyone knows if it can be removed with white spirit or something like that. Any help would be appreciated... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

2. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

I think WHite spirit may be too harsh as it is in a paint striper.

Gently try and buff it out first with your normal T-cutting compounds.

3. macca666

macca666 Member

Wouldn't try white spirit but your normal T-cut should do the trick.

This happened to me once on my Mr2 when some little B****** decided it would be funny to write his initials on the pop up headlights.

The car was red and it was black marker pen but T-cut metallic managed to take it off without too much bother.

Remember to give it a good polish and wax after the T-cut to protect it though.

Good luck

4. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

Petrol also does the trick but dont leave it on for more than ten mins!! my last car got done and it worked a treat!

5. gilly35

gilly35 New Member

White spirit should be safe, or WD40, which is actually white spirt, or similar. Try Autoglym intensive tar remover it's a fantastic product for removing adhesive, tar, and some inks, and is absolutely safe for paintwork. If you use a t-cut type compound, i sugeest smearing it over the ink, letting it soak in for a while and then gently rubing using long strokes (matron) so as not to risk rubbing through in small areas.