How to remove battery

MS3

Reaction score
I am trying to remove the battery. I have got to the next stage after the one shown in the image. I have flipped back the plastic thing containing those terminals and fuses. I don't know how to remove the plastic thing that has that metal tounge on it. Once that is released the battery should be free to come out. Any clues ? I was worried about snapping something if I used too much force...

IMG_1876.jpg

It's quite tricky if you haven't done it before, but take your time, and it's quite easy!

The way I do it, off the top of my head, is to pull the plastic cover thing off to the right of the red wires, between the wires and the airbox, it just unclips and pulls upwards. Then undo all the wires, remembering which one goes where. Now the metal bracket above the battery is clipped onto the battery. You need to push downwards on the end, then pull it outwards, and it's like a metal hook. Once you get that undone, the whole thing lifts off, then there's a metal bracket held with a 13mm nut between the battery and the headlamp at the bottom.

Reactions: AdamL
Thanks for that good description. When you say the whole thing lifts off . . . it isn't lifting off for me. Where those red wires go down the back the metal hook seems to be connected to some plastic that isn't moving.

Thanks for that good description. When you say the whole thing lifts off . . . it isn't lifting off for me. Where those red wires go down the back the metal hook seems to be connected to some plastic that isn't moving.

Unsure how far you got now, but the otherside of the metal bracket is hooked on aswell, when you do the one side, the other should just pop off, so maybe to need to push down to unclip aswell?

Don't change the battery too often, so can't remember the whole procedure?

ok, the other side didn't pop off, will give that a try not sure I actually pushed down on that side.

yeah, I was trying to pull it up - thats probably why it wasn't budging.

Here are the steps I followed...

684fdca1-34a3-460d-abe7-066883acd3de.jpg

Here is how the clip mounts onto the battery:

b72c07b6-a82a-4a8e-94cb-24875d978f7b.jpg

And close up:

7922c634-383f-4600-b585-04e8499ff8e6.jpg