How to remove and replace A3 (2004) o/s headlight bulb?

R

Reedswood

Hi

thought my plastic pig was hard to work on, but it seems the A3 is, too!

Can anyone give me a step by step walk through on how to change a front bulb, please?

btw, has anyone tried Halford's 'Brightest' bulb selection?

having childs hands is a good start or get halfords to change bulb !

plastic cover on back of light pull of metal clip that holds it and locate bulb and replace

it's not the parking light I want to change, it's the main dipper bulb which has the big black box over it which seems impossible to dismantle...as you say, a child's hand is preferred!

remove cover(obvious) its a 2 pin bulb......press down slightly on one of the bulb pins or the connector and the bulb will come out........when re-fittin seat the bulb in at the bottom first then push the top of the bulb forward....it clicks into place.

Changed mine the other day, 2007 so presume the same housing. There is a snap on cover on the back of the headlight housing that unclips to give access to the bulb holders. As Flying Oyster says, it is an advantage to have small hands & long fingers, though I managed OK with my stumpy little digits. Just pull bulb holder away from lens, feed through opening on back of unit, change bulb & replace.

boy, my knuckles are shredded after that fiddling around; even more so the passenger side...was a little difficult trying to push it in right, but finally succedded!:)

i just changed the dipped bulbs but the alignment is now way off, any tips on re alignment?

Wouldn't bother asking halfords, asked them to do my main beam when I first got the car an they ended up doing my full beam

yeah Halford's charge £7.99 per bulb to fit...forget that!

Wouldn't bother asking halfords, asked them to do my main beam when I first got the car an they ended up doing my full beam
lol just read this Main beam is full beam dipped is low beam so they did what you asked of them.

I note Halford's are being scrutinized in BBC Watchdog next week; should be interesting on what they've found!