How to remove 8P3 fog grill?

grimp

Reaction score
So, I've been searching around trying to find out how to do it, I've found instructions on the 8p1 and 8p2, but i cant seem to find out how to get em off on the 8p3(MY09+).

There is one hole in the grill, but i cant figure out how to "release" any clips from within the hole.

Has anyone done this on a 8p3 without taking the whole bumper off?

Sorry for my English.

hi mate,

just get a grip on it at each side and pull at it hard.. should just pop out! you should think to yourself aferwards "wow that was a bit easy"

theres a handle in the middle slat on the underside just a quick sharp tug :)

is it h7 or h11 on the 8p3 non s-line? i know its h7 on non s-line 8p1 and 8p2

Yeah i found it out when i took the grill off, but i must be a Rtard cus i couldnt get the old bulb out, ill try again in daylight :p

Cheers Rye, PSSND

Going to re-visit the fitting of my Phillips Clear visions in the morning. I hadn't tugged hard enough so thought I'll take a look on ASN for help. Gold Stars to you both :salute:

Will let you know how I get along.

KKP

Hey KKP, I find that the trick isn't only in pulling it hard, but it's pulling it quickly, like a short, sharp pull, if you get me, lol. As Rye says, you'll not be able to believe how easy it was, when you've got the first one off. :wub: xx

Reactions: Kelza
I'm not very good with these write ups (but I'll give it a go!!) but anyone wanting to change the H11s, here's some pics - this type of write-up might've already been done so apologies.

As above have said, its a very straightforward quick job. This has been done on an MY10 S3

Also sorry about pic quality as taken on iphone....

Firstly remove the Fog Light Trim, pic of fog light trim upside down shows point where it can be tugged from

Picture038.jpg

The following trim will also need to be removed before you can get to to the fog light unit

Picture039.jpg

Thereafter it will expose fog light unit where you can remove screws

Picture041.jpg

What it looks like with Unit removed

Picture040.jpg

Remove existing H11 bulb

Picture037.jpg

Do the reverse to put the unit back in.

Pic of Phillips Clear Vision bulbs (4300K) fitted

Picture042.jpg

Hope it helps.

KKP

Reactions: 45bvtc, Briandoh, OptimuS Prim3 and 1 other person
As it states in my handbook "pull up & outwards from resess" as stated above. First time was really hard but next time was easier.

Ensure you slot it back in correctly as the front edge of the fins will protude.

As it states in my handbook "pull up & outwards from resess" as stated above. First time was really hard but next time was easier.

Ensure you slot it back in correctly as the front edge of the fins will protude.

I'm having problem to get it back in (regular A3 8P3, not S3), I just can't do it... Is there any trick into putting it back into place? Front edge is out for a 1-2mm...

not really force accuracy and patience have you got the backing grill in correct?

If anyone wants the complete OEM fog light unit (left and right) with H11 Osram bulb, send me a PM.

I'm having problem to get it back in (regular A3 8P3, not S3), I just can't do it... Is there any trick into putting it back into place? Front edge is out for a 1-2mm...

Hey were you able to get it back in properly? I'm having a similar problem. Thanks for any tips or suggestions.