1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove 65535 airbag error

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Grover2000, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Grover2000

Grover2000 New Member

Hi I used VCDS lite to diagnose this airbag fault on my A4 Avant TDI. The module on board is the Bosch 8D0 959 655 J (Bosch 0 285 001 276).

I have purchased Vag Airbag Reset Tool and I used this to clear the error and to my horror this does not clear the fault.

The tool has a com port what is this for?

Can anyone advise how to clear this fault without renewing the airbag module?

Any help is always appreciated

Thank you

Grover

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Sounds like the unit is faulty, thats what all reports tend to suggest.

I've never used these people, but maybe an email/call is an idea: Crash Data - Airbag Repair & Airbag Module Resetting - Crash-Data

Problem with these 1 use tools is, you dont know what they can also damage rather than just fix, hence why vcds is the best option as it can scan for errors & clear airbag lights if fault has cleared, amongst the longggggggggggg list of features.

4. griswold

griswold Member

I had the exact code as you i read with vcds and I cleared with an airbag reset tool 2 button job but and the ad it stated it would clear 65535 code which it did. did yours state that?
    It came back 2 weeks later cleared again and has never come back on and that was in the bad snow we had. same ecu as yours too.
    Keep it in my glove box very handy

which one did you get?

I bought this one Volkswagen Audi VAG Air Bag airbag crash data reset | eBay UK

#3 griswold, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  5. Grover2000

Grover2000 New Member

6. griswold

griswold Member

firstly i take it you have ign on? sorry have to ask
    When mine went it was extremely cold and when searching for this code most results came from the states and most causes were extreme changes in temp which caused moisture in the unit. worth checking if any water or dampness around airbag ecu(under aircon unit)
    erase button on my unit scanned and had a success light but airbag light was still on hit reset button success light then airbag light off.
    you may have a faulty unit
    Dont know if this is any help http://www.cardecode.rs/download/Audi%20VW%20Airbag%20Reseter.pdf
    Near Cardiff?

7. griswold

griswold Member