how to program key??

spencerdale

Reaction score
how do i program my key either using vagcom or another way, the problem is i only have 1 key, cheers dale.

You'll need two keys.
1) Open the driver door, turn the ignition switch to on, but do not start the car.
2) Close and lock the driver door with the other key (this should be the proper key and not just the valet key - I used the valet key first and wondered why the programming didn't work).
3) Hold down both buttons on the fob for about 5 seconds. The lights should flash and the alarm horn should honk.
4) Open the door, remove the key from the ignition. Close and lock the door with the key

i only got 1 key when i bought the car... is there any way of doing it on vag com? if not ill just get another key cut. cheers

not that I'm aware,the immobiliser is bulletproof and has to be synchronised with the other key in the ignition.

Where are you based spencerdale..???

Ive got a guy near me who does keys "verns autoparts" in Tredworth Gloucester Really spot on Genuine guy.. charges £50

Just make sure you get a unlocked key if u buy second hand off somewher like Ebay...(i think they can unlock but costs more)