How to power Vibe Space Twin subwoofer on A3 3.2 V6? How to access the battery?

Fanboy

An Audi Fanboy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope everybody here to have a good Xmas and make sure you all spend your time off with your family NOT in or on you car! :D

Anyway as the title says I have a Vibe Space Twin subwoofer which I'd like to power it, but NOT entirely sure how I could access the battery!
I know the battery is in the boot but it has not access to it unless unscrewing it, and didn't want a mess up with it till I ask someone that knows about V6s batteries!

Do I need to power it from the battery itself in the boot or jump starter or anywhere else... NOT sure, showed it to my local sound shop and they had no clue as they never come across batteries like that...

Anyway I appreciate any help :)

spacev12t__34562.1310530243.1000.1000.jpg

I know most of you guys gone say "What would you wanna have that massive subwoofer on your V6 n you wont hear that lovely exhaust sound and so on..." all I can say is I'm gonne have this setup for when I'm on motorway and I be bored just hearing that exhaust...

Cheers

yes from the battery in the boot, since its in the boot, it will be easier than routing all the wire from the front! U can even earth it right back to the battery rather than the chasis of the car.

yes from the battery in the boot, since its in the boot, it will be easier than routing all the wire from the front! U can even earth it right back to the battery rather than the chasis of the car.

Wow great...
Good news mate :)

Cheers

Where abouts are you in London? May of asked you before, would love to know what this setup would sound like, are you running standard HU?

Cheers Kai

I'm in Acton W3 mate, no worries you could come down and have a look!

I'm only near Uxbridge so wouldn't mind a nose, I'd like to have some more bass but keep the symphony ll

I live in south london and have done a conversion on my A3 to run a sub with the standard head unit. Having the battery in the boot makes ur life alot easier, u may have to drill some holes through the battery cover to get the cables through tho. Du have a bose system? U'll need to buy a high to low level RCA convertor to make it work

Yes mate mine is Bose, thanks for letting me know, good stuff