1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to improve brakes?

drew67 Aug 11, 2007

1. drew67

drew67 New Member

Hi there.

I've got a 2005 s-line A3 Quattro and wondered what I could do to improve the brakes which seem to have quite a bit of play in them before they do anything and stopping power doesn't seem as good as I would expect. I used to have a Leon Cupra with standard brakes which seemed better and was just in an A4 2.0 diesel automatic for a few days which also seemed better.

Would different pads and fluid make much difference or would it need to be a complete upgrade.

2. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

When was the brake fluid last changed? Replacing the fluid made a big difference on my last S3.

Regards, John.

3. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

sorry to hi jack

but what make of fluid did you use ?

4. drew67

drew67 New Member

I presume it's the original fluid from Audi as the car is only 2 years old and I've only just bought it.

5. jasaudi

jasaudi Member

Have you tried bleeding the brakes yourself? rather than asking someone else to do it. You will probably take more care

I find the brakes on the A3 pretty good for everyday driving.

There are some superb upgrades available if you want to do track work :ninja:

6. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

The normal Audi stuff i guess. The dealer did at when the car was 4 years old.

Regards, John.